Jyoti.ipm@gmail.com
Hi,
Can any one tell me about about the warning letters??? what is purpose of giving that ??? Is it necessary to give it on letter head of company ? Any legal consequences ? what can be the suitable format ?

From India, Faridabad
Brijendra_Singh

Any supervisor may, at any time and at his discretion, reprimand an employee without completing a complaint form, in which case there will be no entry made on the employee’s disciplinary record

A verbal warning is usually issued where the offence is of a minor nature.

Recorded Warning may be given for a repetition of an offence for which an unrecorded warning has been given, or it may be given for a first offence.

Severe Warning is Given for a repetition of the same offence or similar offence during a period when a recorded warning is still in effect, or for a first offence of a more serious nature.

Final Warning is Given for a repetition of the same offence or a similar offence during a period when a severe warning is still in effect or depending on the nature thereof, for a first offence of a serious nature

It will be unfair if the employees are shown the door without a warning. Warning provides an evidence in defence of the company that the employees were given adequate opportunities to amend themselves but failed to improve.

Yes it is necessary to give it on the company letter head. Take my advice, also put a rubber stamp on it.

Yes their are legal consequences, as any actions further taken on basis on the warning letter may blame the personal/professional character of the employee.

With regards to the format, their are plenty available in this forum. Search for them.

Finally, for everybody who is reading my post, make sure a Show Cause Notice is issued before an employee is warned in writing. This will further strengthen your case, especially, if its related to misconduct.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.