No Tags Found!

jitendra_sh0145

Dear Dont Leave the job...& be protect your self by more Respect towards them they shud feel ur attitude. write me any time for suggestions.
From India
pratapkamble

Dear friend

I have undergone same situation,Senior use such type of language to get there work done,which is ofcource very bad.

What I have done is stand strong for onself,again and again.

Some times they used physical threat also,for which also I stood strong.

After some time he started being afraid of me, as he knew I would stand strong against unfair practices.

He started comprimising by avoiding such treatement.

But you have to show your strenth ,Dont tolerate this at all.

In work ,people use such treatment as tool to keep you obedient,to keep you afraid ,

or to keep you in control so that they can get work out of you.which is very wrong.

you stand strong against this and either they will ask you to quit or they will chang there behaviour.

I dont think good reply or ignorance will work because,it is motivation enough for chang.

Only strong and assertive reaction will work.By strong I mean firm ,assertive ,confident,intellegient,and non tolerant ,smart reaction.

Handle this well so that you can teach other people how to handle this.

Regards

Pratap kamble

From India, Pune
Mithun Gupta
Hi Sunil
Firstly, make them understand that usage of abusive language is not acceptable. Make a policy of personal conduct about usage of foul language. As they are seniors that their buy in and change the company environment.
I'm sure once they buy policy objective they will never use foul language.
Take this as a challenge and try to overcome it.
Regards
Mithun Gupta

From India, Delhi
Raj Kumar Hansdah

I agree with your comments.
Some occupational hazards -industry specific- do exist.
Abuses/USAGE OF FOUL LANGUAGES are to be seen in this manner - a way of communication/"script"/jargon etc. rather than be taken at their word-value or emotional-value.
In certain professions, as pointed out, new recruits are taught abuses and coached till these abuses roll-off their tongues smoothly.
It is a way of life in certain professions, else the person is considered "un-manly", lacking leader-ship qualities etc.
Dear Esskay, your Construction business too falls under such profession/industries.
Either you learn to be comfortable with it (remember, the abuses are NOT directed at you) or quit the job after seeking a new one which matches with your temperament and sensitivities.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
hmajithiya
Dear Sir,
I am also facing same problem sometimes but cont. with the job as well You may have two options to tacke this problem.
1. Apply Gandhigiri
2. Saam, Daam, Danda at last Bhed.
if Situation still remain same " Be jaise ko taisa"
Remember " THE FINEST STEEL HAS GO THROUGH HOTTEST FIRE"
BE SELFMOTIVATED " AATMADIPOBHAVA"

From United States, New York
Dakshina murty

Hi
This is a typical situation many HR personnel are facing now-a-days.
Career building has got different dimensions, sometimes knowingly or unknowingly we take decisions which prove to be disastrous ! If you are too uncomfortable , better try for another opportunity but this time you should take right decision be'cause you cannot do the same mistake again! hope U got the point !
B.Dakshina murty

From India, Hyderabad
bluediamond
I think the 6-point suggestions given by Prashant Nair is the best one you can pursue. You cannot and should not bother to change other people. However, your own gestures will tell you and deter them to use same language with you. It is going to take time. And if you are good at your job, they have to take care of your liking/disliking. Have patience and dont quit a job because of few fools who happen to be senior to you. Also, I am sure there will be other people in the company who would dislike such behaviour and you can join together and give them a tough response. Abusive behaviour will not go but at least it wont be targeted at you. Thats the best you can hope.
From India, New Delhi
saurabh.shrivastav

Dear Friend, My suggesstions - 1) Abstain from using such language. 2) Always follow good and healty practises 3) Look out for better opportunities. Saurabh
From China, Leizhou
ashok_modi1978

First of all it is important to know whether they use such nonsence words against you or outsiders. As you told you belong to a respective family neither you can hear these words against you nor against others. Getting a new job after leaving a job is not easy and self respect is also important. It will be very painful if you have dependents. If your financial back ground is strong then you can leave this job immediately. If they are using such words against you, you should leave the job immediately but keep in mind your finacial status and forcoming problems. If they are using such words against others you should try to search another job and then leave this job.
From India, Bangalore
sharmaneesu

dear Sunil,
you are in hr, is there any policy in place for abusive language. if not then first draft fthe policy and implement. i m sure if they are seniors they wont tell you not to implement such a policy just because they believe in abusing.
once policy is there, then you can simply ask them how would other comply with that if seniors are not complying. (all this can only work if they all behave in same manner with everyone. if it is specifically with you, then there is no point to ask them comply with the policies as they are seniors and relatives of owners)
so first try to know from others wheather they behave likewise with others also.
regards,

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.