No Tags Found!

ranjana chaturvedi

Atleast some people think alike .Now days definitions of JD has changed .People mix HR/PERSONNEL/ADMIN and get confuse to make JD
From India, Mumbai
Rajan_MHC
Dear Mr Hari
The posting was very informative and case sensitive.
To my understanding JD's are important and necessary for the organization to build on but from employee perspective it may not.
Job description may not give a comfort of responsibility but the task may not be an issue.
One thing is sure that if we want to have a ' big picture' of the result of the organisation JD's have nothing to do with other than assessment for individual performances.
Warm Rgds
Rajan

From India, Bangalore
manjali

Dear Hari Sir,
I totally disagree with you.
B'coz Job description mention it detail what is expected from an individual and further these JD's prepare a base to complete his performance assessment in order to rate what he was expected and what he has really achieved.
JD's prove to be a mirror to analyse what is an indl doing exactly andfurther that also help us to understand the responsibilities and quantum of work individual is doing.
Sorry to Say, but I disagree with it.
Rgds
manjali

From India, Delhi
Hiren50

Talent is more important than the tool and it is how job descriptions are used by different HRD manageers that is the most important. Just as few individuals have the talent to spot the individual beyond his degree or qualification, few people have the talent to match job description with the individual competencies of people or whatever other purposes that job description may serve. Even in overall business, implementation is more important than ideas and few people have exceptional execution skills.
From India, New Delhi
vcnagaraj
I do not agree, job description is crucial for interviews, induction, and it is the basis for job evaluvation which leads to bands& grades and the consequent compensation policy of the company.Job description should be a living document and it should reflect the current reality to be meaningful it cannot be a museum piece.
V.C.Nagaraj :wink:

satyasingh

Job discriptions are not useless.they are very important as far as individual roles & responsibility is concern.it fixes the accountability of the individuals towards a particular type of job.
Morever if an employee resignes from an organisation it helps in identifying the right type of replacement by looking at the individual job description.

From India, Delhi
hari.nair69

Le Us Do An Introspection:
Do We Have Job Descriptions?
If We Have Do We Follow It?
Is It A Symbolic One or A Show Piece?
Do We Regularly Enhance and Update It?
Answer can be YES & NO but HONESTLY do and Introspection and You Shal Still say ------- " Job Description Are Indeed Useless "
Plese do comment and make a Critical evaluation for enhancement and finding an Interface

From India, New Delhi
aastha.d
dear friend,
i dont agree with u that the job descriptions r useless.
during the measurement of the performance of the employee it plays the most important role.
if there is job desciption, well defined, then only an employees performance can be judged as acceptable or not.
regards
Aastha

From India, Ahmadabad
Jeroo Chandiok

I’d like to post a clarification. In my earlier post, I did not say job descriptions were useless. I said that job descriptions based on competencies were better. Jeroo
From India, Mumbai
amarpotta

hi,
there is not point in saying that jds are use less when u are they are uselss that means they are not been framed properly or in a structured format or not updates regularly.first of all let us see what is this so called jd or job description it is nothing but a set of duties that are supposed to be performed or delivered.now are we saying this as useless i doubt so? the problem i as i mentioned earlier either it might not be structured properly or updated. well coming to next issue companies who were better without any jd .it is simple to understand that they have jds in mind but not in paper the format might be different but jds are relevant that is the moral of the story

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.