No Tags Found!

deva_dentist
Hi,
I have been working in a company for past 7 months on night shifts for 9 hrs a day for 5 days a week,in TamilNadu chennai.I have 3 questions on which ,i want to get clarified since i am a fresher to IT companies.
1.Is saturday compulsory for me to work?(as the company insisting)
2.I am working for USA Medical care project. So Which holiday policy they have to provide us? (curently,i have no holiday policy at all,either Indian or Federal Holidays)
3.And is the night shift allowance mandatory for them to give me? (currently,they are not giving anything,even transport is not provided)

From India, Madras
boss2966

Dear Deva

If your company policy is telling to work on Saturdays then you have to work. As per prevailing rules normally a company can have 48 hours working hours (excluding Tea break and Lunch Break). You have not mentioned whether your work 9 hours is inclusive or exclusive of lunch/tea break. So you can calculate yourself about the time of work and its spread hours for general and for shift duty. You can frame your working hours after consulting your top management.

As per our (India) policy you must have 3 national holidays (Jan 26, Aug 15 & Oct 02) and any 5 to 7 Festival Holidays in your region/state/locality/staff community requirement by your management. In addition you can even declare additional holidays as per USA Holidays, as there will not be any work on those days.

Please follow your company policy or create a policy for any compensation/facility after a brief discussion with your Top Management and express your views to your management as these are all costs less and motivates more.

From India, Kumbakonam
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.