rkomukai
In California, sexual harassment training is now mandatory for all companies with a population over 50. Does the instructor have to be certified?
From United States, Laguna Beach
Ajmal Mirza

Hi rkomukai
While going through the legislature, this were the main points I came across
The quality mandate extends to those presenting the training. The training can only be presented by “trainers or educators with knowledge and expertise” in preventing harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
Now the question arises Would classroom training by someone who has done a significant amount of harassment training but who has no practical experience preventing harassment meet the requirement to have the training conducted by those with “knowledge and expertise” in preventing harassment, discrimination, and retaliation? Although not entirely certain, the answer will likely be “no.” Given this uncertainty, the most prudent approach is to use trainers and training organizations with both a solid training and harassment prevention background regardless of whether the training is done live or on-line.

From India, Ahmadabad
Paladin

While Sexual Harassment training can be done by non-certified instructors, you may want to find experienced and knowledgable consultants, “trainers or educators with knowledge and expertise in preventing harassment, discrimination, and retaliation."
Someone without such expertise could open your organization to a sizable liability based on reliance on faulty, misleading information. During my thirty years in Human Resources, at Union and non-union locations, I have acted as spokesman in a variety of harassment situations at EEOC hearings and arbitration, as well as providing training to Staff, Department Heads, managers, supervisors, and employees.
If you wish further information, contact me at my e-mail address below.

From United States,
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.