No Tags Found!

Anonymous

Dear All, I work as an HR executive in an automobile showroom, There is an employee in another department who does not want to talk to me and also turns his face whenever he sees me.

It hurts me a lot. I tried to discuss his behaviour with him several times, yet he continued to behave like this. It hurts me and also demotivates me. Please assist me in how to tackle this person and this situation.

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

On reading the description of the behaviour of the employee mentioned in your post, it appears that he has a crush on you. Occasionally someone develops a strong attraction towards someone that usually lasts for a short time. Continue to ignore his glances. Live in your world and ignore his presence completely. Over a while, the attraction will fade away.

Nevertheless, if his overtures continue, then you need to remind him that gawking at a woman employee is classified as sexual harassment under the provisions of PoSH, 2013. If he does not mend his behaviour, then you will be forced to make a formal complaint. So let him not create a problem for himself.

Do you have a workplace buddy who is senior to you? Have you discussed this matter with him/her? What is his/her take on the behaviour of the employee?

You may give him a threat of making a formal complaint to his HOD. Many times, a complaint to the HOD has a telling effect.

Anyway, other members may also give different suggestions. However, do not allow your motivation or morale to suffer because of this employee. You need to show canniness. Try to be inventive in dealing with this situation.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

It is a trivial issue. Just ignore and keep move on.

Only concern is that if the above behavior of the employee affect you in terms of day to day work execution then you need to take it up further with your Superior.

From India, Madras
Anonymous

Dear All,

thanks a lot for the valuebale suggestions apprecaite you all for your support.

i am a guy in the HR team, and the mans behaviour impacts me as it impacts me on a mental level. please guide me further.

From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

You being in HR that particular employee only ( in other department ) depend on you for his HR related questions like leave balance or salary query etc. However as part of your position you are supposed to maintain cordial relationship with all employees. So why not you can call him for a one to one discussion and find out the reason for his behavior. All fingers will not be of same size. At times we need to face these sort of situations.. some body may not be happy with HR for some or other reasons. Even this is also part of work. Please don't take it personally and pain yourself.

From India, Madras
Anonymous

Dear All, Can i talk to the Head HR about the behaviour of that man so that there could be solution that can be worked out?
From India, Mumbai
aussiejohn

Why are you asking us if you can talk to the Head HR?? We cannot give you the answer to that question as we do not work for your organisation or have any knowledge of how the management operates.

This is something you need to work out for yourself. Try requesting a meeting with the Head HR and see if an appointment is granted. You will need to outline in the request what you want to talk about. Keep it brief.

Then, make sure you prepare your case well, and have all the information you need, along with a list of questions and a statement as to what you want to achieve to remedy this situation. Also think about the benefits to the company if you and your colleague can resolve your differences. Finally, argue your case calmly, quietly and assertively to achieve a win/win for everyone.

From Australia, Melbourne
alok-singh1

Hello,
You can discuss with HR head, it is a practical issue, so you can complain about it. In your case the HR department may issue a show cause letter to the employee concerned, Or the HR Head can discuss with the concerned employee regarding the same.
For future reference Make it documented.

vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

As already commented it is a trivial issue. I personally feel that you are viewing it with magnifying lens.

Head-HR is your Boss and whether you want to discuss with him or not is your prerogative.

Be cool and move on.

From India, Madras
vmlakshminarayanan

@ Mr.Alok Singh, It is not at all a very serious issue to the extend of 'issuing a show cause notice' to the employee concerned.
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.