rajnishbehl
Hi Everybody on forum
I have a question to ask for which i would seniors on the forum to guide me : I was working for one french mnc for last three years since the creation of the company; the company was setup by a french guy in India, working as GM the final authority. After 3 yrs one of the directors from the France took over the management and had shown the door right from the Gm to all the Manager / HOD's level,
Reason given to all of them was " communication not good"
Now my problem is this when i go in for the interview to some other company and give them the same story about leaving the last company some how they doesn't seems to be satisfied with the answer, what should i do or how should i answer the question...?
Rajnish Behl
email :
#09811674749.

From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Rajnish,
The problem with the truth is that it is very hard to believe. If you tell the truth it will be very difficult to accept at its face value. So why tell truth? Tell to your future employer that all of you were removed because during recession, company did not do well and now the company is on the verge of closure.
Most of the time HR Managers verify the truth that whether you had worked at that company or not. That is true. Probably you have obtained service certificate (experience certificate) from them. For your stage, you can give reference of your GM because you had been reporting to him.
Ok..
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
tanujap
This is a reality and it is rougly the same attitude amongst all employers asking for the reasons why the previous company fired you. Should I have an opportunity to recruit candidates, the relationship with previous employer would never be a matter of concern for me. I would prefer the candidate in his present and would rather get her/him moulded through training / orientation on the job profile for our Company's requirement
Tanuja Prasad

From India, Delhi
surejng
Don’t tell that all your relatives are going to die soon.....tell you will live more than all ur relatives :)
From India, Bangalore
ratanlal

Dear Rajnish,
I understand this is the toughest question to answer and at the same time it might appear to be impossible to convinve the recruiters but dear i suggest you to believe in our competencies and their is possible in impossible. you can quote the instances of cultural barriers with your previous employer in a positive manner,
Best of luck
Ratan

From India, Hyderabad
arun29478

As i uderstand, the change in management has resulted in you losing the job. Instead of saying that the complete team was removed, you can always say that change in your role has resulted in you looking for a change. The change of management resulted in you requiring to take care of Administration function instead of the HR function, which you were hired for. The HR function would now be handled by a relative of the director / outsorced party etc. This makes a convincing answer for the interviewer. Think over your answer and prepare yourself for the questions which may come your way.
All the best.
Arun

From India, Bangalore
iinfrasolservices

@Rajnish Behl
You need to give out names of your GM and other people holding important positions, all of whom were shown the door. Also you need to tell the interview's that you can give references of your performance with your previous employers and references of colleagues and superiors who faced a similar kind of issue for their verification if required. Beyond this you cannot do much and moreover if you are a Good Candidate in whom they are interested in recruiting then i personally dont think anyone should have any major issues regarding retrenchment unless ofcourse your CV/ Resume speaks otherwise. Recruitment personnel are normally smart enough to find if a person is genuine or falsiying facts. So better present the facts in appropriate light which should be justified and fair enough and still if a person doesnt believe then I think he/she is not interested in recruiting you rather than believing you......rgds SS

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.