Sarbani123
Dear Cite HR folks...
I am new in this field & just have completed six month as an HR generalist. I have to release a termination letter for an employee & reason is Integrity. I request to all HR people to help me & send some termination letter.
Thanking you all in advance

From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Sarbani,

Why you feel that employee's integrity was questionable? Did he involve in misconduct and if yes, then did you conduct the enquiry? On the strength of enquiry report, you may terminate employee but if you have not conducted the enquiry and still wanted to terminate then it would be a risk. This is because if employee were to challenge termination legally, then how will you be able to prove validity of termination even without conducting enquiry?

Secondly, whether enquiry conducted or not, if you wish to issue termination letter then I recommend you writing the draft on your own and uploading it here. Some senior will correct. Asking for ready-made termination letter to personal and official e-mail ID would be spoon-feeding. Do not include reason for termination as "integrity" but state what exactly had happened.

Lastly, instead of issuing the termination letter, why not to ask employee to submit letter of resignation? This is better option. Employees have challenged the forced resignations in the labour courts but then this happens in rarity.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.