riapuri
Hello Priya,

Greetings!

I hope you have framed your HR policies well.
Remember one thing when it comes to new agents, 'They have no religion"
Don't over indulge.

Start small but think big.

See that your Offer letters to your agents mention about their Training period and OJT remuneration.

I worked in a small 30 seater and they had numerous problems because their Offer letter didn't have a word about when their salary starts. They became smart later and started keeping 15 days salary on hold for 6 months which was returned to the employee if he/she was in the system. And OJT payments were paid on the 15th of each month. If the employee was absconding
phone calls were made for 3 consecutive days and a letter was sent on the 4th day with a copy to the local police station because many agents just after the training period was over had landed up at the police station demanding their salary.

Agents are very clever, they take all the possible training (V&A and process training) and pick up the salary and vanish.

I suppose you are the HR yourself so make things clear right from the start.

Keep a Operations Manager to report to the CEO/MD and let the other staff like HR, Admin, IT,TL, Quality Analyst report to the Operations Head.

Best Luck

Ria Nath Puri

If You Dont Plan Your Plan, It Will Remain a Dream....!!!

From India, Mumbai
khanda
Hi Priya,

At the face of it, the decision looks apt that the current management team handling the software division should also overlook the BPO operations. This will help build the culture of the organization.

However, as pointed out by a few gentlemen earlier, there is a fear of drag if the same management continues to run the new business with the rules that have helped them succeed in the software business. The business is different and the rules of engagement are going to be different. It would be imperative to have some new blood in the management team with people who have set up a BPO team earlier. They will bring with them experiences of running the business. It is not only a question of bandwidth/time availability with the current team but also the approach and the mindset that will be required to let the new business flourish on its own.

There are lessons that can be drawn from the software business and the presence of old management should help draw the learnings. At the same time introduction of industry specific leaders will help curb some common mistakes.

All the best,

Alok

From India, Pune
guna1279
Hi Priya,
I will give some sugestions as per my knowledge and my Expereince. If any thing wrong kindly apologize.
Software people can't manage the BPO related work. So, you have to recruit the people to manage the BPO unit separately. Moreover, HR, Accounts Dept, Admin, GM can handle both. No need to recruit separately for BPO unit. But for the Operations part you need to recruit the Experienced person to handle. Then only the process will go smooth.
Also, kindly let me know is there are any openings for freshers. If so, pls provide the maild id and the contact #.
Guna

From India, Bangalore
sandeep.bahuguna

Hi priya,
Suggestions our seniors have given are good. I also would like to suggest you the same but as it is quite tough to attract BPO people in new setup, you can start recruitment with the name of your already established software co. Once people start joining and work goes smoothen, Your management can make your BPO a seperate entity.
For this process you don't need to hire so many but 1 or 2 more people, who can work and your company's experienced staff guide and assist them.
Thanks,
Sandeep

From India, Gurgaon
penubothu

Dear Priya,

Its nice to hear that, being crises in present market your company has taken the European process and giving a chance for about 1000 Employees.

here in this i agree with mr. Malik, wht he said is correct, because you have a software comp and now looking for start the operations in BPO.

you have to take the labour permission and Registration certificate from ROC, and Incorporation certificate and so on (focus on Shops and Establishment act, Essentail Factories Act)

for the health growth you have to recruit the best Agents and as well the top / Middle / Entry Management Employees who can handle the new BPO.

First you have to let me know, do you have any experience in handling the BPO sector or even ur in learning stage. if so then recruit a well experience male / female exectuive / manager who handled BPO with size of 500+, then he /she will be taking the total responsibility for running the show.

Requesting for get back to me for any clarification

penubothus at gmail dot com

From India, Hyderabad
darpan.aneja
Hello Priya,
I understand that your company is planning to start up a new BPO.
At this stage I would suggest that you should outsource your non core functions, and focus on core areas. for example instead of hiring people for payroll, you can outsource it to a payroll processing company, it will reduce your operating costs, give you enough margins to sustain and grow in the business.
Payroll is non core but critical function, so it should be only given to people who have established credentials in this industry.
We at Ma Foi Consulting Solutions Ltd. would like to get associated with your company and explore areas where we can help your organization in your HR intiaitives.
For any clarifications or enquiry you can get in touch with me at:
Darpan Aneja
Consultant - Ma Foi Consulting Solutions Ltd.
+919975153647
022 - 67232040 (D)

From India, Madras
darpan.aneja
Hello Priya,
I understand that your company is planning to start up a new BPO.
At this stage I would suggest that you should outsource your non core functions, and focus on core areas. for example instead of hiring people for payroll, you can outsource it to a payroll processing company, it will reduce your operating costs, give you enough margins to sustain and grow in the business.
Payroll is non core but critical function, so it should be only given to people who have established credentials in this industry.
We at Ma Foi Consulting Solutions Ltd. would like to get associated with your company and explore areas where we can help your organization in your HR intiaitives.
For any clarifications or enquiry you can get in touch with me at:
Darpan Aneja
Consultant - Ma Foi Consulting Solutions Ltd.
+919975153647
022 - 67232040 (D)

From India, Madras
karyn
Dear Priya
I have been apart of the start up team for CFCI ( now BOA ) and have been responsible for the set of operations from Pre to Post transition activity and daily operations (training , to skill set identification & hiring, defining and running daily operations ). I would be happy to assist provide you are setting up in Mumbai.\
regards
Karyn

From India, Mumbai
swapnilpillai
hi priya,
i am trainer by professional, currently employed with reliance industries, will like to have an opportunity to work with your nascent BPO since i already carry a experience of working with BPO's. For your reference i am attaching my CV.
Regards,
Swapnil Pillai

From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc SWAPNIL CV TRG 2.doc (74.5 KB, 11 views)

shilpa kishore
Priya,
I have a person in mind who has good experience in handling a BPO and infact he has helped in starting up a BPO. If you would like to discuss about this please mail me or msg me your number to , will get in touch with you.
Regards,
Shilpa

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.