consultme

Hi,
Please don't be stressed. If your boss is not interested in your service, better to quit. But you should collect all your pending payments ( Notice pay/Lay off compensation, leave salary, PF etc). Then take rest, read good books, enjoy vacation and do all preparation for the 'new comer' to your family. Once your baby is get acquainted with new environment, you may find a baby sitter and find another job.
Good Luck

From India, Bangalore
papiman
hi,
Don't let them lay u off, most of the MNC companies have norms to deal with these kind of issues, if they still try do it forcibly then u will have to take legal action.But, i will say do give resignation and try to sort out the matter peacefully.
Bali

From India, Calcutta
krmrao

Hi

1. A pregnant women can not be terminated from her services.
2. Laying off is a long procedure to the employer, he had to prove valid reasons in front of the competent government authority and take his permission to lay you off, which is impossible to your employer in your case. The employees can be laid off only in the cases where the industry of organisation is facing problems from , FIRE, SHORTAGE OF POWER, oR FLOODS AND SOME OF THE NATURAL CALAMITIES.
3. You file an application along with the Medical certificate for informing that you are pregnant and request for the Maternity benefits.
4. You should be bold at this point of time, give the way to the employer to commit mistake by terminating your services.
5. You can negotiate with your employer to give you 3 months pay as well the leave wages that you can avail for the maternity period plus workmen compensation of 15 days wage for 1 year of your service with the employer plus bonus etc., which are your rights.
6. If you are harassed by the employer in any way, you being in the managerial carder, you can not take shelter with the labour department as per industrial dispute act, hence you have to challenge the employer in a civil court, where the case could take years together for getting judgement, but it always be on your side.
7. Hence take the matter as a challenge in your life, do not neglect your health for this reason, be normal and attend to your services as usual with out any tensions.

You can win over the employer if he terminate your services, law is on your side.

Mohan Rao
Manager HR

From India, Visakhapatnam
nagaraj1946

hello
we are in civilised society, fortunately.
women pregnant pr not) or men cannot be thrown away just like that.
immidiete steps
- send a letter to the employer either by yourself or an advocate
- they have to terminate the services
-don't give your resignation
- pl pl don't take too much to your heart, since you are carrying
-wish u best of luck
nagaraj

From India, Bangalore
blmullur
Dear JJP,
I think Mr. Dinesh V Divekar suggestion is correct. First you think your health and baby and next every thing. Anyway If they terminate you compulsory they have to pay for notice period and maternity benefits also.

From India, Bangalore
sandhya.tiwari
Hi,
I do have some queries regarding the benefis.The management of my company has decided to lay off from next month i.e Dec 2010. The company has given a notice of 1 month to all its employees. I am 6 months pregnant now. So, will I get the Maternity benefit in this case ? Kindly suggest what to do.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.