swati.sharma

Generally Performance Appraisal form are lengthy and time consuming,in such a case if a manger is asked to fill 100 forms they lose interest in filling those and pass there job to there asst.
I am looking for solution in such,as i am part of pretty big organisation and afraid of this.
Seniors please look in to it.
Regards

From India, Jodhpur
deepthireddy

hi swati,
even i feel so tired filling up PMS forms of my team.
shortening the form depends on the type of appraisal method u r using....we have a very simple method n i ll tell wat i did to shorten it.....
see if there are any points or attributes that r redundant in ur forms...under different heads and names...like judging a person on time management and attendance/late comings is almost same thing, so u can delete attendance/late comings...
see if u can change all the attributes and feedback to just point-wise pattern....like for each attribute that u want to measure, u can have points on a scale of 1 to 10...so that the mgr doesnt ve to write stories..
one more trick i used in my orgn which actually worked well was...print the form on both sides of paper....it makes the form look small.... :twisted:
but like i said it depends on the kind of appraisal method of have..
regards,
deepthi

From India, Hyderabad
Jayendra Chaturvedi

Dear Swati,
pms exercise are often lengthy and shortning them could really affect the utility of the same ,only thing that we can do is to make them intresting and try to innovate the key items of the appraisal format in a new way
for eg orthodox target based appraisals could be modified by assigning variable attrbutes to the marking and to convert it into percentile form rather than marks alloted simply.
Thanks and regards
Jayendra Chaturvedi

From India, Gurgaon
swati.sharma

To,Jayendra Chaturvedi I think this makes sense to me.But can you please explain, same in detail. i’ll be obliged. Regards
From India, Jodhpur
mayura123

Dear Swathi,
PA is always a long process to complete in a short time.
First of all Swathi you need to make a clear scale of people who the manger has to take the appraisal i.e. not more that 10 person to one manager. By doing this the manger will not feel bore in filling up the form and other stuffs. Divide the appraisal with the TL and let the manager review the rating which is given by the TL's. If there is any discrepency in that manager can involve in that case.
This is my suggestion for you.
Regards

From India, Trivandrum
Jayendra Chaturvedi

Dear Swati,
could you clarify about the appraisal process adopted by you,so that i can really suggest you the kind of changes we can make in the process?
My mail id is
thanks and regards
jayendra chaturvedi

From India, Gurgaon
Jeroo Chandiok

Dear Swati,

A lot of good points have been raised by seniors and are worth considering.

Here is one more. It will involve a little more administrative work on the part of the HR department, but it has worked in other companies. Say if a manager has 20 appraisals to make, divide the appraisals so that a candidate who has joined in May will get his appraisal done every May.

This will greatly reduce the number of appraisals a month that the manager has to make. If more than three appraisals happen to be in a particular month, then the excess can be adjusted in preceding/succeeding months.

Keep the completed appraisals in a pending file, and just a fortnight before the annual salary review, ask the manager to quickly review these and confirm that his appraisal still stands. If he feels there has been a subsequent change in behavior/productivity, he can state so and amend his overall comments. This will take very little time, and can be done by the manager whenever he has some free time during that fortnight.

See if this could help.

Jeroo

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.