garmexpol
I would like to know that i am running a ready made garment workshop in mumbai and do not wish to give the facility to my skilled labours like p.f ,e.si.c, h.r.a, d.a etc without headache of legal department what will be the right way i must follow? i would like to pay them regular payment on daily basis what amount i must pay them which is minimum & and will not harm me legally
From India, Mumbai
dmc554@gmail.com

dear sir,
You cannot escape the legal liability under the labour laws. Some day there will be inspection and your loopholes will be exposed. So please pay the minimum wages applicable to garment industry in your zone, if the strength of workmen exceeds 20, get PF code no and deduct 10% from their salary as well give your contribution and deposit regularly, deduct esi also and also pay hra if strength exceeds 50, rate is 5% of basic and DA (special allowance). Also maharashtra labour welfare fund is applicable.

From India, Pune
loginmiracle

Mr.Garmexpol,
It is unfair on your part to evade the legal rights of your workers. And I condemn your effort for trying to misuse this forum to abet your illegal activity. If your total labour strength is 20 or more you will have no escape from paying these legal obligations. You should not think that paying all these are harming you. You will have peaceful business activity otherwise you are going to have sleepless nights. It's your choice. If you deny these to your workers how you can retain those trained workers with you. You will end up proving Penny wise and Pound foolish attitude.
kumar.s.

From India, Bangalore
rldhingra

hi
Mr.Garmexpol,
if you are running the business , with the help of workers/employees pay them their due shares, contribute to labour welfare schemes such as EPF& ESI and LWF where applicable,to ensure peaceful life ,profitability, please without any danda /prosecution from the government.
RL Dhingra ,Advocate
Labour law Consultant,Delhi
email:rld_498@rediffmail.com

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.