No Tags Found!

Priyanka0505
Hi All, I am from Gujarat and working as an HR Manager in an IT company with 70 employees and staff. I have a question related to the labour welfare fund. We pay it every 6 months but I don't know the actual purpose of it and why do we need to comply with this rule where there is no benefit to employees and still we deduct the amount. The amount is too but when someone asks me why it is deducted, I am not able to give them a satisfactory reply that why that Rs.6 was deducted and what benefit they will get.
Thanks.
Priyanka

From India, Ahmedabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Labour Welfare Fund is a fund contributed by Employer & Employee. The purpose of these welfare funds is to provide housing, medical care, educational, and recreational facilities to the workers and their dependents.

Gujarat is following the Bombay Labour Welfare Fund Rules. It is an act to provide for the constitution of a Fund for the financing of activities to promote the welfare of labour in Gujarat for conducting such activities and for certain other purposes.

You may contact the concerned Authority @ Labour Welfare Board who can give you the detailed information about the benefits to employees.

From India, Madras
pasupathi.uma25@gmail.com

Please go through the website and get to know the benefits
For every rupee one cannot expect reciprocal benefits. It is a Statutory provision and employees and employer has to comply.

Mr Lakshmi Narayan THERE ARE NO PROVISIONS IN THE ACT TO PROVIDE HOUSING FOR EMPLOYEES IN TAMIL NADU. ASSISTANCE TO BUY Spectacle, Providing Balwadi to children of the employees, Training and Teaching Tailoring skills to the dependent sisters and assistance fór cremation Expenses for the members are the major ones

From India, Chennai
vmlakshminarayanan

Mr. Pasupathi,

Member's question is about Gujarat Labour Welfare Fund and reply is also about Gujarat Labour Welfare Fund. There is no question about Tamilnadu Labour Welfare Fund in this thread.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.