No Tags Found!

singhpriyavart
Hi there,
I belive that late sitting in the office should not be consider as an excuse,you should introduce the system where you can penalize the late comers but before doing that i suggest you to discuss the same with the section managers and other employees.

From India, Delhi
murthybr
This is the common problem in almost all companies. One should have self descipline and punctuality. Make some temporary changes in company policy. For example 3 late comings of 15 minutes will be treated as one CL or EL. Keep on putting group mail to the employees regarding timings and put some related stories to feel themselves guilty.
From India, Hyderabad
kvmksrinivas

Hi,

I do u/s the criticality of the situation.. You as a HR guy are very much right not to be so rigid with people who are the asset to the organistion. More so when they are productive, the situation needs to be dealt with due deligence and empathy...pl make a close study of the common cause for the delay cd be personal & family reasons, old parents, ailing siblings, etc.etc... these have to be analysed on case-to-case basis... If the root cause is identified as lethargy,calousness abt the rules, then you need to evolve some strategy which makes the violators realize the rigidity of the rules... you can give them some kind of feedback abt their habitual late without concrete reason and hence, the situation may worse should he/she continues to reach office late with lame excuses.

Coming to finishing the tasks by late sitting should never be encouraged as a thumb rule.. Yeah... we do all work hard & late sitting becomes envitable should there be a real contingency of finishing tasks time-bound... Hence, make the employees u/s the impact of late-coming while maintaining empathy with the deserving cases. After all dealing with humans does not need some many jorgans unless we fail to have systems in its place.

I shall be glad if somebody thorws further light on the issue.

Regards
Srinivaskvmk

From India, Hyderabad
TASMAC Consulting
Dear Tittli,
As rightly qouted by our friends that there is no one solution to this concern (we would not consider its a problem).
The best way is to empower the staff to understand the benefits of coming and leaving on time.
We would request you to take feedback from the people who sit late and understand why they do the same.
Our analysis says that people sit late because Management thinks who ever sits late is working hard.
Another reason could be that these people have little social life so they prefer working late.
In the end this would be a very slow process and the top management has to take the initiative to change the work culture.
Regards,
Rajiv
Tasmac Consulting

From India, Pune
Dhruvin Sureliya

Hi Dear All,
In my company i have aslo problem with timing, every people following rules as per discussion except 2 or 3.their behavior is not also good they dont work as per the dep head instruction,this matter goes to mngt,mngt decide that they directly reporting to mngt or that perticular person. Rest of the empolyee feel that mngt is not taking any action to them and supporting them so why they follow the rules, i have also discuss this matter to mngt but one of the mngt person has good attachment with those people and he is giving them back up indiretly
so what should i do pls guide me ....

From India, Ahmadabad
Dhruvin Sureliya

Hi Dear All,
In my company i have aslo problem with timing, every people following rules as per discussion except 2 or 3.their behavior is not also good they dont work as per the dep head instruction,this matter goes to mngt,mngt decide that they directly reporting to mngt or that perticular person. Rest of the empolyee feel that mngt is not taking any action to them and supporting them so why they follow the rules, i have also discuss this matter to mngt but one of the mngt person has good attachment with those people and he is giving them back up indiretly
so what should i do pls guide me ....
Regards
Dhruvin

From India, Ahmadabad
Hitesh Khatri
Penalty of deduction of Leave PL or other leave on each 4th occasion of late coming..Instead of panelty of deduction of salary. It will causion to employee while come in office.
From India, Mumbai
anandhr22
Hi,
when i joined my company i faced the same problem, no one comes in time but they work for long hours, it was an issue.
I made a rule that every one has to be in time at 9.00am,if the clock crosses the 9.00 i used to take away the register and i also mark them absent and also at the same time i used to switch off all the lights at exactly 6.00pm and i ask them to leave the company.
I was doing this for only two months , now every thing came in the right track .
Note: A person can finish his day to day work in 5 hours if he works sincerely, no need of working for eight hours.
Regards
Anand .M
Sr.Hr Executive
Fleurdelis Technologies Pvt Ltd

From India, Delhi
pravin.vin

Hi,
This is common problem for most of the orgn. You may revert the off. timings by 10 to 7pm will somehow dissolved the problem or 9.30 to 6.30 is also suitable. You can control their late marks. When staff are quite honest to do the work without watching Time clock its difficult to put pressure of timebound.
Hope it will help you,
Reg.
Pravins

vinunair
As the employees seem to be responsible in your case, I would suggest you bring in a system of flexible entry timing. You may allow the employees to login till 10.00 but enforce that the employee cannot leave before they complete 8 hrs. Thus if they come at 9.30, they can only leave after 6.30. Employees can be marked as half day if they come after 10.00. Thus the mgmt. can be sure that the employees are completing 8 hrs of office time and the employees will also be happy that the management is considerate towards them.
Regards,
Vinu Nair

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.