GOKULAKRISHNAN.S
Dear HR professionals,
According to my point of view, we've to retain the experienced manpower in our organization. at the same we need to allow the fresh blood. then only we can able to cope with the present senario.
We couldn't able to handover resposiblities to the freshers at a time. at the same time we can't able to leave the experienced man power, b'coz they can able to predict the future more apporopriately than the freshers.
I would like to conclude that we've to retain the experience and allow fresh blood inside the organization.
take care
regards,
gokul

From India, Madras
chitwan
This is a nice topic of discussion .... old managers or employes carry what is called BAGGAGE on their back .. it may be probably of their experience or something else..New Ideas or innovative ness somehow lacks to certain extent due to this reason.. . most of the firms will not undertake any training programs for their line managers to update them ...
bringing fresh blood reduces cost , they are well versed with current trends.. carry more or less nill Baggage.. trained etc..
seniors pl comment.....
chitwan :?:

From India, Bangalore
Yogesh S
Dear All,
First of all I am tankful to all of you for participating in this burning issue of our society. Let me clarify that old persons has no doubt are experienced people, may be some are slow bcuz of their age factor, but they are enriched den for new comers. New one are fast, not easy to listen if they don't like or not agree at some points, working under pressure as some of the management policies, nevertheless good managements are working on team work and cfts. At the same time we are very well experienced some old persons are liability to the management as well as new ones are also rigid. Because of this reason, we have also seen that some teams are giving best results whereas some are always being fired by the top management for one reason or another.
Some may be agree with my opinions and some may not be but truth is truth.
Keen to listen more opinions on this topic further with fruitful proposals.
regards,
Yogesh Samanotra

From India, New Delhi
Yogesh S
Hi Sanjeev,
Old here means who had served in a company for so many years and saw ups and downs with the time and that may be more than 15 years. Secondly, you may consider the people of more than 45 years age. As per your querry for retirement age, this is also a question of debate. In my opinion it should be upto 58 years.
Yogesh S.

From India, New Delhi
72purna
Right old employees also should change their attitude and update themselves according to the change in the organization. But the basic ethics should remain same. ultimately both new and old employees should work for the organization.
now-a-days the new employees are not thinking about the organization they are very selfish. They are money oriented and will not think about organization.
[/quote]

Neats
The factors behind replacing older employees are various.
1. Lack of interest in doing the same monotonous work.
2. Office ambience & work pressures, expectations are very high from older employees as they are supposed to know everything.
3. Past bad experiences work as metal blocks towards acceptability amongst peers & management.
4. Lack of initiative, as they are aware of where it will lead so efforts are less.
Where as a new entrant in the system needs to prove his / her worth is full of initiatives and has no fear of consequences. He / she even is not aware of the consequences and reactions of seniors & peers so is always willing to deliver and bring revolutionary changes.
New joiners are excused for mistakes / ignorance for at least three months. But an older employee may get a warning for an error.
It's all about expectations & aspirations from Self & employer & employees.
Changed attitude helps in survival of older employees.
Cheers !!
Neeti

From India, Pune
Sanjeev.Himachali

Does your “Old people” have grown so old that they have stopped “Learning” or are they still updating themselves and learning? Are they willing to challenge themselves everyday and willing to compete with youngsters or they are just sitting on their past laurels and success.
To me as a person and as a HR Professional age is not a criteria to judge if the person has grown old or not, as long as they are performing, taking challenges and beating their own targets. But, if they are just sitting on their past laurels and are not willing to learn new things...then (irrespective) of their age, it’s time for them to go. They have already been paid, awarded, rewarded and recognized for their past performances, achievements and success.

From India, Mumbai
simran_niki
hi. all,
as now a days everyone is moving ahead with the competition...so everyone sees the profit if they find that kind of efficient man power in less salary they will go for that instead of paying experienced people and spending for their training as well.....businessmen looks for profit ....the way the get...

From India, Delhi
Alina Sam
Hi Sanjeev,

I think you are very well secured man and your letter shows that you are hating the old persons against young ones. I am again enclosing copy of Swati for your information. Pl go word by word. Swati says:

It is hire & fire culture.

This is long-term payment for short-term result at the cost of trust, morale & experienced employee.

One interesting part, new people are recruited due to new idea but senior & junior are evaluated on same basis i. e. Competency based Evaluation. Sometime it is not fair because seniors have molded themselves & thinking according to organizational culture & past experience. Perception of senior on any issue might not give result immediately but it is useful long-term decision.

When any experience person leaves, It is lose of organization as employee move out with experience, knowledge, idea about future development. If time is money. As new people take time to take responsibility of experienced person. It is wastage of time because in absence of senior others need time to have regular & smooth functioning. Also psychologically it affects other employee. Might they will develop fear of same future for them. They will always carry fear to lose their job & have low morale. It directly has negative impact on organizational growth.

For organization, people with new idea & experience people both are equally important. With proper career plan & team building there will be nice blending of new concepts & experience to get results. This can be achieved with proper communication of short term & long-term goals, expected result, clarity of role of each member. Short time span should be given to the seniors to prepare themselves to get adjusted with new culture. This will develop the trust, mutual understanding & cooperation.

Alina Sam

HRD manager

From India, New Delhi
Alina Sam
Hi Sanjeev,
I think u must reply in a well manner. Why aur questioning old ones in a manner of hate. Are all the HR Manager in your company are below 30 years and they are well trained from the institutions. They don't need new traings. Are all the Senior persons in you management are only young ones. Pl think once again on the issue of the subject and then reply.
Boby

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.