No Tags Found!

devu207
Dear Sir
I am working in one MNC. I just want to know that if any worker work more then 8 hours in a day then we have to give them over time, so my question is over time should be calculated on basic salary or on gross salary?

From United Kingdom,
R.N.Khola

Dear Member,
Welcome to CiteHR.
Regarding your query first see under which of the Act/Rules you are required to pay Overtime & then go the provisions relating to payment of OT in that Act/Rules.
[SIZE=1]R.N.KHOLA

[B][COLOR=#3366FF][FONT=Verdana]

From India, Delhi
devi.bayisetti
Dear dev,
This is sarojini we are in manufacturing company in our company we are using the following formula for OT calculation.
OT Formula=Basic/no.of.working days in a month/no.of.working hours in a day*2*no.of OT hours

From India, Hyderabad
ckant_scs@yahoo.co.in

hi dev,
i think this is right formula to calculate OT said by sarojini...
This is sarojini we are in manufacturing company in our company we are using the following formula for OT calculation.
OT Formula=Basic/no.of.working days in a month/no.of.working hours in a day*2*no.of OT hours[/QUOTE]

From India, Bangalore
Stephenmarks

Dear Veeresh,
For your calarification
1st Step:
O.T = Basic/no. of working days in a month
You will get the Basic pay for one day, Now it is to find out the Basic Pay for an Hour ( in our concern i use calculation for minutes). So next step is,
2nd Step:
The result of 1st step/no. of working hours per day
3rd Step:
The result of 2nd Step X no. of O.T hours worked.
For example:
Basic = 3500.00 No. of Days: 25 No.of working hours: 8 O.T hours = 2
Then
3500/25/8*2

From India, Coimbatore
Sita Ram Pandey
Mr Debu, Over time is always calculated on hourly basis and on his basic and V D A (if applicable ) as gross contains many components such as H R A , incentive ,etc. Sita Ram Pandey

vnandkumar
Ot is to be paid on ordinary rate of wages which inclusdes basic, da, hra .... etc. Pl. refer factories act & related rules.
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.