No Tags Found!

aniket-agrawal

Hi Everyone. If a worker is working on a part time basis i.e 4 hours daily, and minimum wages says Basic - Rs.5,500/- & Special Allowance - Rs.3,500/- Total Rs.9,000/- then how will I comply the minimum wages for a working on part time basis in Maharshtra?
From India
umakanthan53

I would like the poster to go through sec.15 of the Minimum Wages Act,1948. This section specifically mentions that if the minimum wages under the Act are fixed by the day, such an employee should be paid full day's wages only.
Since the case mentioned is about employing a person on part-time basis i.e for 4 hours a day only on a job for which minimum wages are fixed at monthly rates, my opinion is that he can be paid half of the monthly wages.
However, the poster can search the State Minimum Wages Rules as well as refer to the notification by the appropriate Government in this regard.

From India, Salem
loginmiraclelogistics

Dear friend,
You might as well consult the following links for further info.on this.
https://www.citehr.com/123606-need-h...ment-law.html;
https://www.citelegal.com/762-minimu...-download.html

From India, Bangalore
loginmiraclelogistics

https://www.citehr.com/598041-applic...rt-timers.html
Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...campaign=cppst
10/1/2018 'Minimum wages must for part-timers' - Times of India
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...t/40621737.cms 1/1
'Minimum wages must for part-timers'
TNN | Aug 22, 2014, 12.30 AM IST
Printed from
AHMEDABAD: Gujarat high court on Thursday pulled up the state government for paying less than minimum wages to its parttime employees. The court ordered the state to increase the payment to above Rs 221 per day from next month.
The HC directed the government to pay at least minimum wages to part-timers, who are engaged in Class IV positions in various departments, in response to a PIL filed by Gujarat Rajya Anshkalin Karmchari Mandal through advocate Ashlesha Patel. She
argued that the pay structure was never revised since 1998. The association had to resort to file PIL because the government increased pay only in case of those employees that had moved the HC in the past, she claimed. The PIL said that the government paid them a meager amount of Rs 1350 per month to part-time employees.
Justice Akil Kureshi and Justice J B Pardiwala came down heavily on the state government for its "exploitation" of employees.
The court said that the law for minimum wages was devised to curb exploitation by private employers. But the government itself ignores constitutional provisions.
The court directed the finance department to issue a circular to this effect, at least till their pay scales are not revised. The court commented that the part-timers' payment is so low that they cannot even afford tea for a month.
To the state government's claims that these part-time employees are still on job because of a court's stay in wake of termination of their services, the HC said that normally these employees are beast of burden in offices.
. It also suggested that the government should give full-time job to such employees."
"Unquote"
Also the attached material on the Minimum Wages discusses certain issues relating to fixing wages based on "hours".
I request learned members can deliberate the issue further to have clarity.

From India, Bangalore
loginmiraclelogistics

Here is the attachment for your ref.
From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf TheMinimumWagesAct1948-Prov.for Time based Rates.pdf (81.4 KB, 180 views)

pradeep-bhatt1
AHMEDABAD: Gujarat high court on Thursday pulled up the state government for paying less than minimum wages to its parttime employees. The court ordered the state to increase the payment to above Rs 221 per day from next month.
The HC directed the government to pay at least minimum wages to part-timers, who are engaged in Class IV positions in various departments, in response to a PIL filed by Gujarat Rajya Anshkalin Karmchari Mandal through advocate Ashlesha Patel. She
argued that the pay structure was never revised since 1998. The association had to resort to file PIL because the government increased pay only in case of those employees that had moved the HC in the past, she claimed. The PIL said that the government paid them a meager amount of Rs 1350 per month to part-time employees.

From India
gannahope

Yes right query sir
Total monthly salary is Rs9000 /- OK Pls devide it by 26 days. 9000÷26 =346.11@Rs346 Now again 346÷8=43.25 that means Rs 43.25 per hour. (8hrs a day)
Now come to point he is a part time employed.. For 04hrs a day.
Multiply Rs43.25×4=Rs 173.00 per a day
Multiply with 26 comes a month salary.173×26=4498 per month. Ok sir pls go ahead. Make it Rs4500/-

From India, Nellore
gannahope

Yes I agree with one of above opinion as he should be treated as full time employee.
But small amendment he or she who works on part-time is eligible for all welfare benefits and contributions as all other regular full time employee s.The Employees compensation act EPF ESI etc also applicable. But only payment of salary is on hourly basis.

From India, Nellore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.