bragupathy

Dear Sunil,

It is always not possible to match the competitors in all respects. Either we design our package to compete or try to market it differently.

First, let us take designing the package. Your suggestion is really a good one, you are not reducing any money to employees nor increasing the pay bill of the company. If your concern is about the competition paying more basic, then divide your contractual bonus over Basic, Housing and other allowances (proportionately to their ratio...if housing and other allowances are given as a % of Basic), so that the total direct package does not increase. Mind you, however, it increases the indirects to the company, by way of PF contribution, Gratuity etc which are basic dependents.

My suggestion, you market it correctly. You can have it as an allowance and market it as a package or take home. You can highlight, performance bonus is extra which is paid based on the profit etc. If you have a trend say, it varies between 2-4 months etc. you can still highlight that.

Don't just concentrate on the package alone. You can concentrate on non cash benefits like two-day weekends, office environment, career advancements, good training and work life balance which generally make a big difference for new entrants.

Good Luck
Raghu

From India, Madras
renztemprosa
hi can u help me with my problem... i need memorandum for meal subsidy of 100 pesos can u provide it to me ..please please i am new here... i do not have idea.. thanks a lot,...
From Philippines, San Pedro
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.