Ash Mathew

Thats pathetic & very painful. I understand that you must have been the person most hurt as - you are the HR but still could not do anything. Looks like a very autocratic leadership control from this German (Hitler was from German rite??:!:)
What this would lead to is - people trying to move out and looking for immediate outside openings.
I am just thinking of what you can do.
Can you pass him a book on Corporate culture and ethics and ask him what modifications is he looking at? Let him know that this opinion is highly valued by everyone.
Share the recruitment practises manual with him and ask him what are the changes to be incorporated.
He would not take time to do all the above. So let him do what ever he wants - (I am sure he would not read any much though).
Finally get his signature as APPROVED AND EFFECTIVE AS ON DD/MM/YY
After this - just tell him that you will take the responsibility of making sure that nothing is done outside the prescribed laws in the manual...

From India, Madras
K V SATISH KUMAR

Hi Vidya,
Please discuss the situations happenings in your organisations with your ex-boss in this case he may guide you. Because he knows the mentality of Management.
Have patience and do your best. Am sure things will work out if you want to.
Keep the faith.
Good Luck !

From India, Hyderabad
Suresh_r68
Do not get disheartned, Look into the strenght and weaknesses of your new boss and be emphatic to him. Try to gain confidence which will be built only if he sees you as an approachable person. Help him & guide him where ever he is short of thoughts. Engage with him continously and prove him that your approach is highly practicable. Believe me HR Managers are the change agents and if you cannot demonstrate this skill, believe me you will never be satisfied.
Regards
Suresh

From India, Mumbai
Tony John

Hi Vidhya,
You're not alone; there are so many out here who are in this situation as yours. Why most management have similar opinion about HR is, they consider HR as a cost centre and think they can do away with it. That's exactly why they should be made aware of the HR's role in an organization. By now you would have got many suggestions and advices from Citehr members on how to cope with the situation; I am attaching a file, by Leo Lingham, which might be of some use to you. At any point during your efforts to straighten up the affairs, if you get a chance to explain the importance of HR to your boss, this should come in handy. And probably it could also help pep up your motivation levels. To be an HR is not easy; so you’ve got an opportunity to stand tall. All the best!

From India, Kochi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc HR deptt as a Profit Centre.doc (37.5 KB, 321 views)

pvragav2000

Dear Vidya,

I think, specifically in small companies most of HR executives doing the same what you are doing.You speak to your present boss and make him understand slowly and genuinely. Off course, it will take some time. In the mean time, why don’t you speak to your Ex-Boss and explain him about present situation of your department & its role. Also ask him about your new boss, he may know about him. Take suggestion from your old boss. It may help you.

Regards

From United States
Riya1

Hi Vidya,
Don't worry, one day would come then he will realize soon and also he realized that without HR he can't manage the employees, we are the inter mediator for employees as well as employers .
but one thing, you should be best in your work, put 100 % effort in your work, make him realize she is the perfect HR for his concern.
Keep smiling, that is the good medicine.
Thanks
Riya

From India, Coimbatore
prussu
Dear Seekhr, I understand that u work as an HR in australia. One of my closed pal is migrating to australia soon. Would u be able to help me with good sources out there to find an HR job. Thanks,
From India, Bangalore
prussu
Dear hrseek,
I understand that u r an HR working in australia. One of my close pal is migrating to australia soon. Hence can u plz help me with some good sources out there through which we can find an HR job.
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
ashwini kumar singh
Dear,
As your old boss changed he will be also changed, have patience. Whenever a new person join he try to implement his own ideas and try to adjust in new environment. Just wait, after 2- 3 months he will automatically come on track and understand the importance of HR. If he do not understand he will suffer. You must try to be safe at your place, do not take any wrong decision, and go as par the policy. Its a time to observe and enjoy that how he is trying to adjust with new environment.
Ashwini kumar

From India, Mumbai
Aparna Sethi

Hi,
I read your mail.It was very painful to know this. This is very demotivating for HR aspirants. But along with that we are learning new HR sensitive dimentions .We are sensitive when people join us but we need to be more careful when people leave us. Bcoz it affects negatively company brand... As we know “People leave managers and not companies..." but still it is directly affecting company brand..

Aparna Sethi

From India, Salai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.