No Tags Found!

Raaj
Hi all!
I am with the HR team of a CMM5 software organisation. To combat high attrition and to bring about and corporate alignment, we are seriously looking at OD/process labs.
A couple of queries..is it mandatory to get an external consultant or could the HR function act as an internal change agent? What are the pros and cons of both? and what are some of the interventions that would be suggested keeping the above objectives in mind?
Any one, could you please help out with some ideas that have worked with your companies?
Just fyi, we are about 2500 strong now.
Cheers,
Raaj

From India, Bangalore
Rajesh Balasubramanian

Hi Raj
We Valuelanes are a HR Consulting outfit with enormous expertise in OD interventions - competencies,assessment centre etc
I Shall be glad to have a meeting with you if you are exploring the possibilities to engage a consultant.
The advantage of an external cosultant is the element of objectivity in the understanding and developing appropriate solutions. We act as partners and will have the task force from the client organization to work along with us - making the endeavour a joint effort and not a mere consulitng approach
Disadvantage may be - cost factor and improper soultion at time - when the clients are not engaged with the approach.
We try to align the strategies with the existing systems and processes to tthe greatest extent possible
Being a consultant, i will have to be in favour of ourself..... a bitter fact :)
You can reach me at for more details

From India, Bangalore
Ranjan
Hi Raj,
Well, to start off with an intervention program you should go in for expert consultations. This can be external in case there is no expertise within your organisation.
This is important simply because of the impact it has on the entire organisation, any OD intervention needs to be thought of and designed by experts and the best possible way. The cost of undoing a bad/wrong initiative is a different ball game in itself and perhaps quite huge.
Suggest that and external agency take up the initial process wherein the grooming to handle it further is taken care of from within the group.
Regards
Ranjan

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.