Anonymous
Hi, Recently i have got an offer letter which mentions the following clause regarding resignation:
"Resignation from the service in the middle of a running semester is not allowed and for resignation, at the end of a running semester, one month's notice or pay in lieu thereof is required. Release Order will not be issued in case leaving without notice/approval of Resignation by the competent authority. However, the authorities of the college reserves the right to discontinue your service by giving one month's notice or pay in lieu thereof at any time without assigning any reason what so ever."
I want to understand if the aforesaid clause is valid as per Indian labor law? Because as per my understanding no employer can dictate the time when an employee will resign from the service.

From India, Kolkata
rkn61

Dear Anonymous,
There is nothing in violation of rules, with regard to clause of separation mentioned in your
Appointment offer. Management of any establishment whether it is an educational institution
or commercial establishment or a manufacturing unit, can stipulate certain conditions
with regard to resignation of an employee or termination of services of an employee.
Please note management reserves the right to impose certain terms & conditions in an employment contract.

From India, Aizawl
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.