No Tags Found!

nipuna

Hi sumit,
it totally depends on the organization that how the organization treats to the employees.
if the employee is not permanent then also you can follow the above mentioned steps that I had written in this.
but you can also cut short the steps and without any counelling, you can give a target and then if not acheived then you can terminate on non performance ground.
but i recomend to keep the documentation of all the steps that you follow.

From India, Delhi
Ash Mathew

Hi Sumit,
I assume the employee is not permanent as he is yet to be confirmed. In that case, the probation period itself is the time u give for performing within "Acceptable" standards.
So if he is still in probation and has not showed the signs of an average performer, and if this makes the management think on termination - there is no need for paying the notice period salary, or making the person work for the notice period.
This is what we follow.

From India, Madras
Jai1736

Hi
Surely you can terminate a permanent employee for non performance. However you must build up a record of his specific non performance and advisories given to him from time to time for improvement so that he can not allege mala fides on the part of Management.
Terminate him as per terms and conditions of his appointment. Also check your coverage under ID Act and Sect. 25 (f )
Best of Luck
Jai.

From India
resource007
Dear Rayalu,
As said No Company follows the 2-4 weeks guideline nor an intimation, they fired not based on poor performance, its all a Employee, Employer Mutual relation..Sharing the views in the work environment though affects the employees job.

From India, Madras
qbkumar
i am a permanent employee and was asked to resign the organisation with in 5 days under non- performance.i asked them to put that in email so will resign which my HR is not ready.Should i resign or look for the same viq email.
From India, Hyderabad
rameshbg_1955@yahoo.com

Termination of employment for non-performance of an employee can be done. One has to just and fair in doing this. The employee must be given ample opportunity to improve his performance.
One of the best practices I have come across is during the annual performance appraisal the performance of the employee is openly discussed with him and when the performance has been assessed as poor, a letter giving the rating and advising for improving the performance is given. If the employee does not still improve even after two annual appraisal discussion, at the end of the third annual appraisal he is asked to look for a job and leave. He will be advised not to attend office and will be paid the salary for three months which is the notice period as per the terms of employment. If the employee resists this, he will terminated with 3 months notice salary.
bgramesh, hosur

From India, Vellore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.