divi123

Dear Seniors,
I had recently joined a steel detailing company where the employees are found less interactive. Being qualified professionals, they hesitate to get involved with HR or the management since they are been driven more on their project requirements. Kindly share some simple HR initiatives that can be done to make the employees interactive and to change the work environment more lively and stress free.
Regds,
Divya..........

From India, Chennai
Reena Thakur

Dear Divya,

Since you have joined this company recently, first you need to understand the past trend of HR-Employee relationship in same company. You need to understand the culture adopted by people here. Change management is a big risk which can lead to both negetive & positive effects. Before implementing any change, you have to complete your homework :)

I have faced same challenge in past were employees were not having good views about HR department and not ready to accept any change. For first month i observed the environment and then came up initiative as per requirement.

Few initiative taken :

1. Enhanced reward & recongnition programms, start making different attractive templets for achievers of week,month, quarter, etc. Share it on mail and notice board as well. Make achievers feel special :)

2. Start celebrating events. Holi, diwali, women's day, new year, christmas, birthdays in a month.. You can choose any ocassion.. bring new ideas of celebrations

3. Games and contests: Best way to bridge the gap is team building activities... Once employees have started talking to you start encouraging them to participate in different games. Add some fun element in it. Few game i have conducted are: Show me the way, kite making competition (blind folded), bamboo race, carrom championship, paininting competition, hi-tech rangoli, JAM session, etc.

4. Start one-on-one session

Once you will start doing these activities you will feel the difference and then your employees will start helping you out to add more fun!!!!!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Reena Thakur

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.