gurjot-singh1
Can I ask my ex-employer to change my DOE (Date of Exit) in the PF portal? I have done the dual employment of 10 days in 2021. They terminated me in 2023 because of this.

Now because of this termination and dual employment, I am not getting my BGV cleared. I am accepting I made the mistake but what is the solution here?

I have 10+ years of experience and dual employment is of 10 days. These 10 days seem to be greater than my entire 10 years of career.

Kindly help me out to solve this. ex-company is a Big IT MNC. Don't know why these Big MNCs are not approachable.

From India, Delhi
raghunath_bv

Hi Gurjot Singh,

In your case, it seems like there are two main issues: the termination due to dual employment and the impact on your Background Verification (BGV). Here are some steps you can consider:

Review Employment Contracts and Policies:
Go through your employment contracts and company policies to understand the terms related to dual employment and termination.

Communicate with your Ex-Employer:
Reach out to your ex-employer through an official channel, such as HR or your former manager.
Clearly explain the situation and express your willingness to rectify the issue. Be polite and professional in your communication.

Request Change in Date of Exit (DOE):
Ask if it's possible to amend the Date of Exit on the PF portal to reflect the accurate duration of your employment.

Provide Documentation:
If you have any documents that support your case (e.g., emails, offer letters, or any official communication regarding the dual employment), share these with your ex-employer.

Seek Legal Advice:
If your ex-employer is unresponsive or unwilling to help, consider seeking legal advice from a labor lawyer. They can guide you on your rights and options.
Approach the EPF Office:

If necessary, you might need to contact the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) office directly to discuss the situation and ask for their advice on how to proceed.
Prepare for BGV:

While you work on resolving the DOE issue, try to gather any other documentation or references that can support your BGV. This might include recommendation letters, performance evaluations, etc.

Reflect on Lessons Learned:
It's important to reflect on what led to the dual employment situation and termination. This will help you avoid similar situations in the future.

Every situation is unique, and the above steps may not guarantee a specific outcome. Consulting with a legal professional who is familiar with employment laws in your jurisdiction is advisable. They can provide personalized advice based on your circumstances.
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

If you are referring to change of Exit Date @ 2021 then it won't be possible. Already 2 years had gone. There are other PF Returns like 3A , 6A which employer to submit which is related to DOE. Only thing you can do is confess to the prospective employer about the dual employment issue instead of hiding. You may present some justifying reason for the same. At times some employer might consider based on your years of experience.

From India, Madras
aarya-pockethrms

Yes, you can ask your ex-employer to change your DOE in the PF portal. In fact, it is their responsibility to do so if the current DOE is incorrect.

There are two ways to do this:

1.Request your ex-employer to update your DOE online. They can do this by logging into the EPFO portal and following these steps:
Go to the 'Manage' tab and select 'Update Employee Details'.
Select the 'Date of Exit' field and enter the correct date.
Click 'Update' to save the changes.
2.Submit a written request to your ex-employer. The request should include your name, UAN, PF account number, and the correct DOE. You should also attach any supporting documentation, such as your resignation letter or termination letter.
Once your ex-employer has updated your DOE, it will take a few days to reflect in the PF portal.

If your ex-employer refuses to update your DOE, you can contact the EPFO for assistance. You can file a complaint online or by visiting your local EPFO office.

Here are some tips for asking your ex-employer to change your DOE:

Be polite and professional in your request.
Explain why the current DOE is incorrect and provide any supporting documentation.
Set a deadline for your ex-employer to update your DOE.
If your ex-employer does not respond to your request, follow up with them.
If your ex-employer still refuses to update your DOE, contact the EPFO for assistance.
It is important to note that you can only update your DOE after two months of leaving your job. If you have not yet been able to update your DOE after two months, you can contact the EPFO for assistance.

From India, Thane
gourav-sharma4760641
Hi Gurjot, Did you get any solution for this issue. I am also facing the same thing with 28 days overlapping. Please response
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.