No Tags Found!

Anonymous
respected seniors,
i am planing to join New company but the company's appoint letter state that employee have to serve 3 month notice period before leave the job
however in my previous company i had served only one month notice period,
please guide me as per law weather is it correct policy to serve 3 month notice period

Warm Regard
Nilesh

From India, Agra
Ashutosh Thakre

Dear Nilesh,
The notice period is decided by the company, based upon the Standing Orders declared by them. So, 3 months is a valid Notice Period. Also, this is one of the conditions that is a part of the appointment letter, which you must have agreed upon when you joined.
What were the policies in the previous company, leave it with that company, as your salary and work also differed between the 2 companies.
If you want to be relieved early, then speak to the management and arrive at a conclusion.

From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
sir, is there any duration for notice period is prescribed in labour law or not if not in that case the employer may demand the notice period of 3 month and more then 3 month also
From India, Agra
Ashutosh Thakre

the labour law states that in absence of any rule on notice period the same has to be of one month. The 3 months notice period is totally legal.
From India, Mumbai
Shrikant_pra

Most of all what is the total employee strength of your company?
Which state are you from?
Notice period is mentioned in the industrial employment standing orders act but the duration of the same is mentioned in state specific rules, in Maharashtra it is one month.
If the company has certified standing orders then the duration can be longer viz. three months.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.