No Tags Found!

rajamanoharan
HI FRIENDS,
I'm doing a project on "Strategic HR Practices followed by Companies in Recession with special reference to IT industry" will u pls help me out to know the different Strategic approaches headed by various companies and their validity.

From India, Madras
ag.abhijit
HR PRACTICES FOLLOWED BY IT COMPANIES w.r.t RECESSION:

Hi I am Abhijit Ghosh, a Business Development Manager with an IT company. My observations related to HR practices, followed by IT companies during recession are:

1. The employee's increment has been postponed

2. The salary (as per the appointment letter) of the employees has been reduced (Wipro)

3. Job responsibility has been increased so that everyone stays late and works hard

4. Some, good companies (specially Small and medium scale IT companies, not large ones) are still hiring (because it is a good time to shop - as the cost of the employee is less, you know)

5. Personal use of Internet, telephone and any other items including car has been totally stopped.

6. Reimbursement is given after havoc verification

7. Some of the leaves (even national leaves) have been made as working days

8. You, as an employee in any IT company, will find it difficult to get a leave approval

I think this recession will not be over very soon. So we have to get habituated with this situation and work hard, innovate, cut cost (but not on key employees) and also enjoy the other part of the professional world.

***YOUR COMPETITORS ARE ALWAYS READY TO SHOP FOR YOUR KEY PERFORMERS. TAKE CARE OF THEM DURING RECESSION.....!!

Ref: Infosys, Wipro, TCS, HCL, HP, Microsoft, Sun (corporate)...... and eDominer, MORPHOUS, NetEdge, UG Soft (SMBs)

Regards,

Abhijit Ghosh

+91 9830764003

From India, Calcutta
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.