Dinesh Karthick
Dear seniors
I am working in Manufacturing company 4 shift in a day. Due to cost reduction they reduced one emergency cab in my plant its like ambulance we are treating Evening 6 to next day morning once another cab comes he leave.
So now No cab in the evening 6 pm to next day morning 9.30 inbetween any accident arises we have to face problem ? so i am fighting with my management. Now the management is telling like if any emergency call ambulance, in my area there is lots of industry and near by 7 km only one hospital.
IF any emergency i call ambulance they will come, if that ambulance is not available while i am calling that time surely problem will come ?
Please guide me is there any act is saying ambulance or cab will have to stay in plant during night times?
Regards
Karthick

From India, Mumbai
saiconsult

As per rule 78 of Maharastra Factory rules, a factory employing 500 more workers shall have an ambulance room or dispensary with the equipment prescribed therein and shall also have a conveyance ready at all times to remove injured or sick workers to hospital or alternatively shall make arrangements for such conveyance from a hospital. Thus if the factory can tie up with a hospital for providing an ambulance during the time between 6.00 P.M to 9.30.A.M, then it need not maintain a conveyance of it's own. However since the hospital is 7 K.Ms away, it may be difficult getting an ambulance on time.Try whether any NGO nearby or any organisation can provide a conveyance for this purpose during the relevant time. IThe requirement of the Act, is that t is advisable to have your own conveyance if it is not possible to get one on time from a hospital.
B.Saikumar
HR & Labour Law Advsior
Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.