rameshbashyam@yahoo.com

dear innocent guy,
i sympathise with you. companies need to be fair in their dealings. but by their cheap mentality (of the personnel) all the good is undone. it's a learning experience for you and will help you cope better when you grow in your career.
just remember that we need to be fair when we rise in our career and treat our employees with respect and dignity when they work with us and when they leave us. our legacy should be such that people will respect us for what we have said and done, despite our position.
the higher the position, the more the responsibility. unfortunately, a lot of people think that higher position means they can do anything and undermine themselves and their position.

From India, Madras
gauravwahi

I agree with Ramesh and others who have suggested to verify his other documents and put him on observation for a month.
We should be assertive and not aggreesive in our dealings with people :)
All the best Trinity!!
Regards
Gaurav

From India, Gurgaon
maheshb79hr

Hello Trinity,

According to the basement rule, you have to sack him/her..

You can also check with the credibility of that employee. You have taken him/her because he/she have gone through in the interviews. That itself shows that he/she qualifies to work in your organization. If the issue in regards to the fake documents is Notice period then you can at times permit him/her to work.

Even, legally a valid notice period is acceptable. The court even don't appreciate notice period more than 1 month unless and until the employees role is very important.

I advised my friend to file a case against his company, for they had a notice period of 3 months. At last the company compromised the case. Think is there any possibilities for a company to accept a new joiner to join after 2 months (except fresher)?

At times in big fortune 500 company..we take people in need for some project which will have a huge requirement. We take many employees due because of the frame given knowing that they have put fake experience. Its just the requirement of the client that the employees who work in their project should have at least 3 years or 5 years of experience.

What I check with is the manageable ability of the person in the said project along with other criteria (again he/she would have cleared the technical round before coming to my cabin)..

If the person's level of performance, attitude, track record is good.. Then call him/her to your cabin and let him/her know that you have found the faked papers and ask him/her to give a letter stating the reason and maintain it personally..

Take advices but act according to your own will...

Its all on your hands dude...You have to decide then..

From India, Bangalore
maheshb79hr

Dear Innocentguy ,
Don't worry on your situation. You shall just mention the actual company's name on your resume and shall explain the same to the interviewer.. It is not so easy at times.. but still can work out..
Only thing is the screening round which will have much impact. Don't tell them that you don't have complete documents unless and until you reach the final HR round. Just explain it to the HR, talk bold and trust me I always look for the confidence level in a person.
Again these are not so easy but just give a try rather than thinking about what had happened.

From India, Bangalore
ayyappan.balaji
If you understand that his relieving documents alone have been faked, am sure there needs to be a genuine reason for the same. since he is also aware that you have found out that the documents are fake, i suggest you ask him to provide references of people whom you can talk to so that we can understand that his reason is genuine. Though his way of approach is unethical, am sure a genuine reason would add weightage to take a call on this candidate.

innocentguy

Thanks guys,
Your replies have created confidence in me. I will carry on with my actual details and will try to tackle once i get selected. The good thing is, local IT companies are aware of that company's reputation and they don't ask for detailed documents. The problem will be only with non-IT and companies out of city.
I am not interested in spoiling company's reputation but is there any HR network where HRs of various companies would be intimated regarding this company. Many of my ex-colleagues are planning to leave this company but as soon as Resignation is given, hassle starts. Could there be any permanent solution for those employees?

From India, Vadodara
rahul.gupta86

I agree with the opinion of Ramesh & Alwar.
You should give him/her chance to prove to himself/herself.
As you say that:"who recently joined us from a reputed IT firm and upon third party verfication,"
I think the Fault in third party verification also, gave warnings to third party too.
regards/Rahul

From Singapore
rameshbashyam@yahoo.com

dear innocent guy,
change now into an IT company which accepts you and later on move to greener pastures. then this present issue would be null and void as people will be concerned with the latest role you have performed.
never stop believing in yourself

From India, Madras
adas21
Dear All,
As per me, performance has nothing to do with ethics and integrity of an individual. If an employee is unethical and low in integrity, will you compromise on performance, na matter whatever his level of performance. I do not thing any professionally run organisation would do that. What if the employee tommorrow, sells company information or data to a competitor? Then HR Department will be put to question, knowing that such a incidence has already happened with the employee in past.
Opportunity to give him a second chance is only when his performance is in question, and we know that such things can be corrected or improved. No compromise on ethics and integity of an organisation. Most importantly, it sets example for others to follow.
Regards

From India, Mumbai
hr_archana
Hi
I am working as a HR cum Admin officer in Export House in Mumbai. In my co. management recently started HR department from last 1 year. I am ther since last 4 months, but i am not happy with this co. In my co. notice period is 1 month after confirmation. One of the employee has given the notice period & taken the salary but now she is not coming now. So my boss send her a notice. She has a personnel problem because of that she is not coming. Now my boss is saying it's my duty to ask her to come & serve the notice period. otherwise he will send the notice to her.
I am confused now what to do???
Please help me in this.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.