vijubob

Dear Nancy,
The company HR policy must not change, each and every employee should follow. Dont introduce any new procedure, if they were not following mark them absent and those who are not following procedure send a warning mail to them.Mentioning that if it continues salary will be dedcuted and after that procedurw will follow automotically....
regards
viji

From India, Madras
Deepa_Shetty

My Suggestion is to put up an notice at the entrance of your office / finger scan machine which can be seen clearly by employees entering in the office premises, that in case employees fail to scan their attendance in finger scan machine, then it would be marked as LWP as we are processing salary based on finger scan generated attendance report.
From India, Mumbai
mnj.tiwari

Dear Nancy,
You can take a middle way, I think not a hasty decision and or not a libral so. I can suggest you that make it tough to get authorisation for not following the company attendance process. You design a formate called attedance regularisation and get approval of their divisional heads on same day absentieesm. This will help you a lot.
Because you will never refuse directly to anyone or mark absent without their bosses consent, or if you do so its direct confrontation with employees. Although you have only 30 employess, then its quit feasible to control at this point also.
Good luck,

From India, Gurgaon
ccdepindia@yahoo.co.in

Hi,
In attendance management never adopt a compromising formula. Ensure its strict compliance. If any one forgets, or deliberately refuses to mark his attendance, just treat the person as "absent" from work. You should issue 'Memos" to such persons about their absence. Dont allow any other manual system to work.
It is our experience that if the system is introduced with seriousness, people fall in line and the system works.
Cyril

From India, Nagpur
p ramachandran

First, do some arrangements so that nobody can enter or go out without affixing fingerprints - that is without affixing fingerprints, the door shouldnot open eitherside.
Second call them and advise that if you give a memo for this action,it would be a blackmark in their service record and affect the future.
Third,Issue a memo to them for misonduct of disobeyance under clause 14(3)(a) of the model standing orders and ask for explanation.Based on their explanation you can hold their increment of propose a fine also - which become a blackmark in their service record.

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc MODEL STANDING ORDERS.doc (61.5 KB, 491 views)

pratapkamble

Hi All
Very Nice Discussion .
I am Working as Hr assistant in Manufacturing Unit .
110 Employees And I am only Hr .
Leave managment Is Not in Place.
People do Mark Proxy Attendence .
Sometime Leave early from work useing Proxy.
Do not Give Leave application .
always Argues for the Absent Mark , eventhough there is entire day to Mark Present.
Overwrites Absent Mark .
Use threat to mark Present .
I am completint My 2nd Month In Organisation.
Trying to Put Attendence system in Place.
I agree with above comments about Marking absent and deducting Salary .
and not Putting Alternative for exiting system for excues Like forgetting to Mark.
I am Implementing the Solutions and Hoping it to Work.
But ofcource Upper Managment is Must to Implement to Solutions .
Best Regards
Pratap kamble

From India, Pune
nancy567
Hi All,
Thanks a lot for helping me out...............i talked to my reporting officer regarding the salary /leave deduction ,if there is any violation in marking the attendance and he agreed to my point and gave me full support to implement it.
THANKS A LOT HR'S.....................YOU GUYS ARE ROCKING....THANKYOU SO MUCH
Regards
Nancy

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
mandeep kaur
Dear Nancy,The same procedure is followed in our org. as well. The procedure should be min 2 to 5 non punch should be allowed, and after that if it still continues, they have to get the mispunch application signed by their HOD's, don't accept the applications without the sign of HOD's.n keep a record of such applications which will be useful if such situation take place again.RegardsMandeep Kaur
From India, Gandhidham
LT COL RAPHAEL PARAMBI
Dear Nancy,
Sometimes you'll find that certain people really stretch the system to breaking point. You will find black sheep everywhere. If, after best efforts by your department to get all to avail the attendance system has failed, try putting out their names as "perpetual violators", on the Company Notice Board. Remeber, punishing employees by way of performance appraisal may not have the desired effect since, no one will know about it. Every individual values his/her self respect, and if that is violated, people will try to avoid the fault since such notices are negative reinforcements with positive effects, while sending out a message to all. Try it, it has succeeded on many occassions. If it succeeds do let me know.
Regards,
Raphael

Priyadarshini Bharath
Dear Nancy,
Simply send a mail that leave will be automatically deducted for those who have not followed the process (before that, ensure that the process was communicated to all - verify artifacts like mail etc.) inspite of repeated reminders.
Just go ahead and deduct these days from their leave balance. Once it goes negative, LOP will make them follow the rules.
regards,
Priya

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.