No Tags Found!

anil.arora

If you feel good, can you share the copy of your appointment letter?

Second, you just need to visit them again and try to meet your Team Leader and Boss or HR Manager along with a written letter or resignation duly mention that you are returning this laptop, as you are not wished to continue your job with some reasons but your Manager is compelling you to keep it with you, though; you understand your moral and professional responsibility and do not want to keep it with you more. You also need to send the same by emailing (using your personal email) your Team Leader/ Supervisor/Boss and HR Manager along with mark Cc to any friend/present employee (CC: NAME for seeking help/suggestion, so that, he/she wont get effected by your case anyhow) there with your employer as witnesses of it.

If your Team Leader/ Boss/Manager still won’t agree on it, you need to be strict and confident with your firm decision that you wont keep it with you anymore. Also, try to meet another HR personnel or more senior executive at management (MD, Director or HOD-HR) with your concern. By doing this you will certainly get their attention that they have no permission to keep any asset of company with any employee who are not working presently/not intended to continue anyhow. I am sure when they will found you determined to your decision or actions, you’ll get succeed motive.

From India, Gurgaon
aussiejohn

When ever and how ever you return that laptop to the company, make sure you get a name and signature of the person who takes/collects it.
Then there can be no doubt in anyone's mind that the company's property was properly returned.

From Australia, Melbourne
saswatabanerjee

One more suggestion.
When you go there again, record the entire conversation you have on voice recorder of your mobile (secretly). That way if they make false accusations against you, you have proof against them. It a last resort. A client of mine used a similar thing in a legal case that the company threatened to file against him.

From India, Mumbai
subbarao.nv

Dear Ms. Nandini,
First of all accepting an offer without thinking about the distance and
You are accepting that you did un-ethical thing.
Now the company is not accepting laptop.
Just discuss with the management / take some parental support and close the issue across the table without further delay.
Or explain the situation to new company where u got good offer and ask them to give you time till you serve notice period and get properly relieved by them.
For engaging staff any company will have to do lot of exercise and expense and one should know about difficulties before joining the company. Frequently chaing job is not a good habit and that too resigning and keeping the asset may lead to theft case. Employer can do many things by investing money and power.
Pls close the issue emicably sitting with HR and your HOD.
Regards==SRao==9553232308

From India, Hyderabad
NavneetSarin

Dear Ms Padmini,

Your actions were irrelevant but I understand a young mother like you is always worried about the children and remain confused. Your problems have arisen due to your failure of adjusting in family and professional life. Dear it's my advise that you calm down and learn to think about your actions twice.

Now in present situation although what ever you have done can't be justified and you must feel sorry for your attitude and actions. But you don't have to worry much about this episode and just do few things.

1. Send the resignation letter by registered post and clearly mention all the problems you had faced and also mention the date when you tried to submit the resignation.

2. Don't mention this Job in your resume as there is no need to mention any jobs for just couple of days.

3. If possible just go and speak to the management of that company.

4. Now come to the worry about the action against you. So don't worry they can't do much they can just claim one month salary and the laptop from you. So try to return the Laptop under receipt from them and forget every thing.

I am sure they can't do anything and you are not at any risk. But try to take a lesson from all this.

With best wishes.

From India, Delhi
launchpad

Dear Padmini
The matter is simple. You have already submitted the resignation letter. If on month notice is not served then they may accept the resignation and asked you to continue till that date. Since they have not replied to your resignation letter that means they would like to accept the resingnation. Do not reveal you present employment and send a reminder stating that you are forced to resign due to personal and family circumstance and request for a relieving letter. in that letter mention that you have the laptop of the company and would like to return the same.
They will have to accept te resignation and at the maximum they may ask you to pay a month's salary. you may tell them that due to emergency and family circumstances you have to resign and request them to waive of the notice period and accept the resignation. you need not worry too much on this.

From India, Madras
oahamid

Hello Padmini

You have accepted that what you did is unethical. Well that is good. Try to solve this amicably. As for laptop, as suggested by a friend, write a registered letter and an e-mail or fax informing that you have offered to return the laptop (indicate the name and deisgnation of the person) but he refused and ask them arrange to take it back. You can even courier it to them, if you have proper packaging, after ensuring that it is in good order.

Insisting on serving one month with past employer is meaningless since you may not be committed and loyal to them even if you stay there for one month.

Ultimately you need to check what is there in appointment letter as you joining there based on the appointment letter is a contract and a civil case can be filed, though I doubt they will go that extend as it is time consuming and cumbersome. Write a polite letter to your MD , or whoever is in control, explaining the circumstances and your problem and that you tried to meet him etc and request waiver of the notice period and offering to pay the notice pay, if it is not waived. This could stop any litigation.

I had a similar case in my present company. An engineer was send on a special training costing 40K but he left after completion of the training, without returning the uniform, books and some other article. I issued a legal notice threatening civil suit and also wrote to his new employer and informed him that I will circulate this in the industry journal. The guy not only paid back the money, returned the uniform and also lost his job. Your new company may not want your former employer taking such steps.

So please sort this out amiable and quickly.

O. Abdul Hameed

Formerly Addl.Commissioner ESIC

From India, Coimbatore
avasiraju
Dear Padmini,
Have you signed any formal contract with them, if not donot worry unnecessarily. As said by the other members draft a letter and give them a justification why you are quitting and the laptop to be returned.
No employer can force you to work, just because you are their employee.
If you still find yourself in tongue in the cheek, contact an advocate to be safe.
Regards
Subbukrishna
Advocate

From India, Bangalore
Gianim23

Hi Padmini :
I appreciate that you are trying to gather inputs to be able to resolve this matter in the best possible way. Let me tell you, moving out of a company after a few days is not unique. Probably there is a failure at the orgn level too for not making sufficient efforts to assimilate the new joinee into the company and helping them settle down smoothly. Atleast you are making efforts to move out amicably. There are scores who just disappear and never bother to even inform.
Most of the members have already posted suggestions.
Please do not worry this whole matter is not such a big deal. You have a genuine reason. There is a possibility that some of us join a new company but soon realise that we are unable to strike work life balance due to excess time spent in traveling or inflexible culture in the orgn sensitizing with the female staff etc.
All the best.
- Gia

From India, Pune
couvery

Well, its good that you already realize that what you have done is not good but in most of the companies notice period isn't applicable if you leave in probation period or for some initial days of joining so you can check regarding this with the company.
From India, Lucknow
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.