No Tags Found!

vermasarika9@gmail.com

Good Day !!
I am new in this field and I prefer to talk politely with all employees in the company. But I have noticed that now a days they have started taking me very lightly.
There is an employee who is very talkative and i don't know how to handle. Should I change my behavior ??? Please give me your suggestions....

From India, Jalandhar
pandeysupriya

Hi,
To reply your answer kindly share what is your position in your organisation? And what is the position given to that employee who is very talkative and you want to change your behavior against him. So that All the members can give you suitable suggestions acordingly.
Regards
Supriya (HR)

From India, Mumbai
monica_p

I do agree with Supriya.
However if you are in HR department I would like to say "Be friendly but do not be friends". I have learned this.
You need not to shout but you have to be extremely firm.
Hope it helps!!!

From India, Pune
Micky2002

Hi Sarika ji,
I fully agree with Supriya and other that you should share the position of your ans person in question, who is referred as very talkative and you think of changing your behavior against him. This would help many in assisting you with their experience and you would be better equipped to take your decision .
I would also like to add that someone rightly said that be friendly / conduct professionally but do not be friends - this would be very helpful for you and the organisation served by you.
Hope, my small contribution would be helpful to you !!!
Regards,
Subhash

From India, New Delhi
magic12
No you dont need to change you behaviour. You just have to check his work. Also check he is utilizing the freedom. Just give him warning.
From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
A Shukla

Hi Sarika,
I would suggest you to please don't change your behaviour for all because of one such person, secondly try keep watch on that particular talkitive person that whether he is a constructive person or not regarding his work and orgnisational commitments. If he is constructive one then you can utilise him inmany ways like getting feedback from him on certain issues, company policy advocacy etc... And finally make changes in your behaviour regarding that person only...
Regards,
Anadi Shukla

From India, Agra
Mobala
Sarika, all the suggestions you have received so far are good. I am curious,however, as to what you mean by 'talkative'. For eg.. is this person normally gregarious, outgoing, extrovert by nature OR is this something he ( I assume) shows only with you?
Second, what really are you troubled by? Your perception that people have started taking you lightly? Or by the talkative employee? Or do you think they are linked?
The question of change does not arise , unless your understanding is complete. Seek to understand first.
My best wishes!

From India, Delhi
Mobala
[QUOTE=Mobala;2137452]
Sarika, all the suggestions you have received so far are good. I am curious,however, as to what you mean by 'talkative'. For eg.. is this person normally gregarious, outgoing, extrovert by nature OR is this something he ( I assume) shows only with you?
Second, what really are you troubled by? Your perception that people have started taking you lightly? Or by the talkative employee? Or do you think they are linked?
The question of change does not arise , unless your understanding is complete. Seek to understand first.
My best wishes!
Mohan Bala

From India, Delhi
anurag_ap2005

Dear Ms. Sarika,

Nice question. I agree with Ms. Supriya we can suggest properly if you give the brief about position/designation in your company.

I agree with Ms. Monca & Mr. Vicky. Nice learning/Punchline.

In my view, being talkative is not a bad. The person is speaking at which place, time and on which subject matters a lot. I observe, talkative persons usually are open hearted and speak from the heart. They speak unintentionally. I somewhere disagree with Anadi. Don't discuss on Company Policy, Advocacy or other topics related to HR matters. Yes, you can talk to him regarding their departmental topics of on other matters except HR related topics. You can told him/her in person (separately) to control talks on the workplace. As the person is talkative is not a base of giving warning to any employee. You can only guide him/her verbally to be in a limit. You need not to change yourself for anybody if you are representing HR as you will find lots of people with different type of nature. To give better suggestion, please brief designations of both of you.

From India, Indore
Syed yousuf Ali

Hi miss sharia,
I got the actual seen of your present situation. You are telling you are new to field. What you are facing by your colleagues is simply called politics according to me.
But don't worry its time being. Very soon You will learn how to handle these talkative people. No need to change yourself generally this happens with all new entrant's. It's like ragging the senior do with junior. Simply in company also the older will do to show their dignity .
Best of luck & never give up.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.