No Tags Found!

pjsharma

I totally agree with Vikas above. There are larger issues at play here. This is not about washroom usage. It is about feedback which your boss doesnt have the guts to give you directly...and should be taken seriously by mutual discussion without wasting further time.
From India, Khopoli
Abufatima
Dear sister I think that it is better for you to tell your supervisor directly with your problem , without caring about others
From Saudi Arabia, Jeddah
abedeen7

It’s sound so funny, this remind me of my school days. Teacher used to impose restriction on going to washroom because we used to pull cigarette and chew tobacco there.
But in professional environment this kind of imposes is totally exhibits the mentality of the senior. My views talk with him to know the motive behind this and plan further action according to that.
Already expert has post their views and comments; thanks to all.

From India, Bhubaneswar
abhishekyp

Dear Friend
You are a female employee and he is a male boss. He do not have rights to discuss such sensitive issues with you. He can approach a female HR and she can discuss it with you.
He only have rights to complain your absence on your desk, further details should be discussed by female HR.
Let him communicate his expectations with female HR and you discuss with her to come to acceptable solution.
A good boss should support their junior with their health issues, irrespective if they are male of female.
Its all about not allowing people to cross their line

From India, Mumbai
Gianim23

Hi :
While I understand your predicament at this juncture but I would like to ask is your Job responsibilities related to front desk or customer facing. In such a case the frequency of your visits to washroom may not be such a big issue but the duration you spend in the washroom may be getting highlighting. Being away from your desk becomes more evident especially when you are handling these responsibilities.
Nevertheless a male boss speaking to you about this is certainly not palatable. Politely just tell him that you need to visit for XYZ reasons and leave it at that. Certainly you should speak to someone in HR and inform about this incident. Continue doing your work well !!!
ALL THE BEST

From India, Pune
pwrkailash@gmail.com

Dear Friend,
Irrespective of gender , nature call or any issue can be discussed infornt of an audience,
kindly do approch an Sr female manager or advised HR incharge.
do not approach the reporting manager right now.
Discuss all the fact based things with HR and seek advise.
as i think he might send for a round table discussion between both of you one to one.
if you are not happy kindly drop a mail to HR head for derogatory comments on person.
marking cc to HR if you want else not require.
if still they are hesitating drop a mail to me.i will help you out further.
Regrads,
Kailash

From India, Bangalore
Anonymous
Its really absurd...asking such thing to a female employee... He might be mentally disturbed. I would say be brave and communicate to your HR politely about the issue..and let HR handle him
From India, Mumbai
sponusamy

Dear friend,
If going to the toilet often is only an occasional matter and not a perennial one, I sugget you discuss the same with your boss. However,if it is a constant matter and the cause is medical, you may want to consult your doctor and get a medical certificate to that effect. Your boss will then understand. Whatever the situation, ensure that your work is not hindered.
S. Ponusamy

From Malaysia, Ipoh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.