No Tags Found!

keshava

Dear all
it is found that the management of MNC companies always say that they follow equal opportunity for all the employees irrespective of labor and managerial category.
but, practically it is found that reputed companies promote managerial people only for higher education with special leave and sponsorship.
if any labor category employee requests for higher prospective education it is not promoted.
can anyone clarify regarding this issue.
why is that the prospective higher education facilities limitwed to only management categories?
why it is not applied to labor range.
regards
keshava

From India, Bangalore
thinkjobz

Hi Keshava,
I cant afford to agree with you completely.
Please note that the higher education progarm is included in a company's policy to make the firm a better place to work in, it also helps the company to control aiteration.
Any talent recognized by the company will be approved for higher education or training, I am aware of small factories where some of the best workers were sent to germany for a training.
Hence its not the policy that has to be blamed its the people who decides where the policy has to be implemented, in your case clearly the top management or the HR department.
In case you are associated to the HR department please ensure that you have tests conducted by the company to decide who has to be sent and trainings arranged so that the rest of the employees dont feel left behind.
These actions would definitely help the company in retaining some of their best staff.
Regards,
AJ

From India, Thana
Madhu.T.K

The posting of Mr. Keshava relates to a kind of discrimination by the top management. The reply given by AJ supports the management with illustration that there are companies who send their labourers even to Germany for higher studies. This implies that neither of the statement is wrong. There may be companies which promote education of managerial staff only and there may be companies who take care of shop floor/ labourers at par with supervisors/ managers. However, if you look at a statistics of the attitidue of the top management, I think, Keshav's observation will be weighted. This may be because of the fact that actual production is detremined by the labourers puting their complete energy and their absence due to examination and contact classes will result in production gap/ losses. We cannot replace a trained/ skilled machinist or turner but the work of a manager can be assigned to an assistant manager for the time being.
I do appreciate those companies who give equal status to all categories of employees and such companies will defenitely be benefited of such good employee relations.

Regards,

Madhu.T.K

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.