No Tags Found!

aamit_akp
Yes, Probation period is there for Sr staff, mgmt & others, but at the same time few companies does not recognise this... Amit
From India, Indore
Suresh Ramalingam

Hi All,
I have read different views about the probation period, the reason i believe, during probation any person can be reviewed. Its not easy to remove a person when he is confirmed and his notice period is also more than a month. But during probation, its easy to assess a new joinee on the deliverables and validate him. If he is found to be wrong hire, then we have every reasons to terminate his services during probation.
Probation period can be treated as observation period for the new joinee, and company also has liberty to access him, confirm or terminate based on his performance.
I suggest, we should have this probation for all levels.
Rgds,
Suresh Ramalingam

From India, Mumbai
Dharmandar Attal

My Dear Professionals,

The recuritment process for senior is althogether different in most of the organizations.

Here you need to understand first and formost what is the underlying recruitment parameters for the organizations & that too keeping in view below metioned areas of recruitment process

(1) Top/Senior Management

(2) Middle Management

(3) Lower rung Management

Question is do u have a policy for appointing senior management and do u have a say in it.

Is the position direcly appointed by the CEO/MD/Chairman....etc.

If you have a say, than u can control thru your policies(if they are in place). If not than hang on and consult with stake holders.

Is it that their KRA's, etc... cleared to them at the time of induction, bye the way do u have a induction for ever new employee. If not than u know very well.

If expectations and deliverables and not cleared in the beginning employees are going to falter and they are not at fault but you being a manager are at fault.

You are not a technician who does all the work, but you are a manger. So

Onus is on you if you havent clarified the expectations and deliverables ????????

well

overall

tricky question

you need to handle it in perview of your policies, stnadards and benchmarks.

Isnt it ?????????

All the best

Create standards flexible enough & stringent to control!!!!!

Dharmandar Attal

Freelance Consultant

People Enhancement Solutions

Intutive Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd

Col. Balbir House,249/AB,

3rd Floor, Near Rama Market

Munirka, New Delhi - 110078

Cell : +91 9810643099

eMail :

eMail :

From India, New Delhi
Neetu - HR 2004
yes, probation period is applicable at all level. Yes off course in case of seniority we can makes changes in probation duration i.e. 3 months or 6 months. Thanks Neetu
From India, Delhi
Surendra Singh

Dear In my previous organisation the probation period for senior employees were longer than juniors. Surendra
From India, New Delhi
dsv2500

Well, as per my knowledge Probation period is very much there for senior professionals.
However, it depends on company to company basis.
During the probation period you can judge the performance of the employee, as well as employee himself gets time to settle in the new working environment.

From India, Delhi
Ranjith kumar

I agree with cgnanij. It is necessary to understand the company first and adapt accordingly. so minimum probation is needed for every position. Ranjith
From India, Hyderabad
shipra.singh
Hey Seema
Following the communication thread I would definitely like to pour my opinion. Well, according to me the purpose of probation period is to offer a platform to both employees & employers to understang eachother's perspective, wherein employer gets an opportunity to determine the credibility & suitability of employees in the long term of employment, it also gives a chance to employees to understand the work climate & also get acclimatize to the organizational culture.
Thus, its not the years of experience an employee carries will detemine thta whether a probation period is required or rather it is the job of HR to inculcate & make employees aware about the motive behind the "Probation Period".
Shipra

From India, New Delhi
valbooj

as per my knowledge there is probationary period for senior employees
but it depends on the company to have it or not
i think now a days senior people also require probationary period
from praveen kumar

From India, Hyderabad
majestuoso

Hi All,
Does plant need water?
similarly
does senior need probationary period?
Probation period is preparation period
Probation period is identification period[/b]
Rule is created for the man by the man...............
lets create good rules in favor of management and employee!!!!!!!!
Answer for your second Question:
Probationary rules apply to everybody not to take leave during probationary period and can have some exception in that.................Thats it.
Regards,
Majestuoso
:!: :roll: :roll: :roll:

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.