rohitm
Direct termination may led to an dispute if he goes for legal matters. For termination a company has to give an warning letter which the person has to acknowledge with his sign then only its valid.
From India, Mumbai
teotiamanoj

OK
I also agree with some but first do a meeting alongwith the HR, & his / her HOD and that guy and understand the suituation, some time employee going many problums just like ;
1. House problums
2. Family problums in house,
3. Any other problum, like fail in Love, Lost of Memory,
4. Any problums alongwith the subordinate and staff etc.
so, if employee facing any problums and counsile alonwith and clear the issue.
If full team has not found any problums of the guy then issue a advisory letter to non performance and give the stipulated time to the person after that you can issue Stern Warning, after that you can give a chargesheet and then do the domestic inquiry, no body can't terminate the employee without any inquery.
Termination are not a solution, you can give one more chance to from present department to any other department. i think employee may not happy his present work.
HR not a TLWAR, HR means Human, please counsil.
T&R
MK

From India, Delhi
vnmnair

Dear friend,
It is tecnically correct to terminate the service of a probationer during probation period. There is no legal bar. But from an HR point of view it is ethically right to give an opportunity to the probationer to explain the reasons for non performance and if he is able to improve as per the management's expectation, then retain him. Whatever is technically and legally right may not be in the best long term interest of the company. a humanitarian approach may be taken.
Regards
vnmnair

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
vnmnair

Dear friend,
It is tecnically correct to terminate the service of a probationer during probation period. There is no legal bar. But from an HR point of view it is ethically right to give an opportunity to the probationer to explain the reasons for non performance and if he is able to improve as per the management's expectation, then retain him. Whatever is technically and legally right may not be in the best long term interest of the company. a humanitarian approach may be taken.
Regards
vnmnair

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
shankarji_2k5

Freinds,
As per Act it can be done, but before doing this management must be carefull about these as pects:-
1. Offer letter & its wording.
2. Image of the Company.
3. Reasons of his non-performance of the employee.
Regards.
Shankar Kumar

From Madagascar, Antsirabe
ccdepindia@yahoo.co.in

There seem to be two distinct views about termination of a probationer. One is that he should be advised in writing about various lapses,deficiencies, or non-performance on his part, and the other is just terminating his sevices by invoking the contractual provision, without saying any thing about his performace.
I would like to know which step would be more legally appropriate.
Cyril

From India, Nagpur
jeyaMA
what is the minimum period for probation? If u specify me certain time period, please tell me why the period has been specified? support your view with legal percepts.
From India, Madras
pbskumar2006

Dear Friends,The Termination of a "Probationer" is a specific procedure. For your clearence of your doubts please go through the attachment..Regards,PBS KUMAR9848499629
From India, Kakinada
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf PROBATIONER.pdf (542.8 KB, 453 views)

teotiamanoj

Dear,
The employee is not a dall, please think about your self, what conduct the interview ? now you can say the performance is not good? this is the true we can't say all aspect at the time of interview but, both are responsible for this think, and termination is not the way for that,
counsil with the guy and take a stipulated time for change his / her performance

From India, Delhi
mamta230

Dear friends,
I differ in opinion, a new appointee is given 3 months to perform on certain KRA's as per his job profile or very purpose of hiring him. The job performance will be judged by his superior/boss on certain parameters which are explained to him/ ie the Role he will play. So why a person should be terminated before completion of his probation period, the given to him to perform on KRA's. I think it is contravention of the contract which says 3 months judgement period for a new comer. It is also illegal to terminate a probationer before completion of probation period as per case laws of supreme court and some high courts as well on the same ground that you have not given complete time to the new guy to perform so how can you say before completion of probation period that his performance is not good. He can very much challange your decision in the court of law. So explain the management the process and legal angle attached to it.
Thanks,
Sundeep Wadhwa

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.