nagaraja.b.l

hai
One difficult employee is getting so much response or reaction from so many.Imp is ,is response varied or divided or in chorus? Well,that teaches us about PERCEPTION.Please do not TAKE ACTION BASED ON MY OR SOMEBODYS PERCEPTION. USE YOUR DISCRETION BASED ON REALITY.OH MY GOD, AGAIN IT IS BASED ON YOUR PERCEPTION.TELL ME HOW MUCH OF TIME YOU ARE WASTING ON ONE EMPLOYEE AGAINST OF HOW MANY? SOMETIMES IT IS WORTH.IF YOU HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL THE AVENUES,GIVE HER A PINK SLIP WITH ALL HIONOUR.BUT BE SURE YOU ARE RIGHT.ANSWER THESE QUESTION/? ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE CONFIDENT OF BODY LANGUAGE SKILLS/ /? IS SHE NEGLIGENT OF HER PRESENT CAREER? DOES SHE REALLY HAVE PSYCHOLLOGICAL PROBLEM? IS HER OUT PUT O.K//? is her productivity alright/? ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT ONLY HER ATTENDANCE/?or are you only concerned about her respect for superiors/? how is your relationship with others? ARE YOU TRYING TO PLEASE SOMEBODY TARGETTING HER/? i CAN POSE QUESTIONS.BUT ,ONLY BUT, YOUY ARE THE BETTER JUDGE.THINK, AND THINK " YOU ARE THE BETTER JUDGE GIVEN THE SITUATION" IMMMMMPPPPORT " WHY SHE HA S NOT RESPONDED TO THIS/?

From India
jonsudhakar
Hi Friends,
All your suggestions are good, but think of the Sr. HR Mgr who is facing all this nonsense. Why Sohini or any of HR guys has to face this type of nonsense???? :-x
Sohini try to find an alternative for that position without her knowledge. And also convey this to the higher authorities. And once you have candidates to replace her in your pipe line then you can issue a letter to mend her ways or else you ll be kicked out. If she needs the job she will change her attitude or if doesnt want that job she will leave.Either of them will help you. If she leaves you have right replacement and if she stays and obey orders thats well and good. Some times this will work out.
Thanks & Regards:icon1:
John
HR- Mgr

From India, Visakhapatnam
ram_mnc
Hi
Nice to see your mail, Just call or send mail to all the employees that they should come to office on time.
If you see them they are not obeying , just send an mail to all the employees saying that , from next month onwards salary will be given by "consolidated time " . It means they will eb paid for number of hours they worked from logged in to logged out.
Try this , surely this will help you. Since i tried in my organization.
Regards
Ram

From India, Coimbatore
ram_mnc
Hi
I do agree with all of your words and suggestion. See we are human resources (Humanity) , if you take the employee from the organization this will give an solution or by punishing her???. We should be cool to employees thts why we are been appointed.
Juts tell all the employees that from next month HR & Finance has planned to pay salary in consolidated way. Than see every one will be on time.
Have a great day.. Keep smiling.

From India, Coimbatore
tatatluong

Dear sohini basu roy ,
I faced with the situation ,it is very difficult to solve .I think that she is in some personal trouble. and this is my suggestion for the matter as follows :
leave her alone, do not assign her to work , let her takes leaves and deduct her salary for the days,hours she left ( for fair treatment with other working people ) , till she resigns.. you should not terminate her .
you can not be her friend because she has not talked to you anything
regards

From Vietnam, Hanoi
bajajpankaj
Being good to suboridnates is always welcome. But remember, the rules and always the same for each and everyone whether it be Senior or junior. She is not obeying you, is a matter of concern and if it continues like this others will also say, "She is always late, first mind him, then to us". And surely you will not have any answer to this question. Because if you cannot take any action against one person, how can you handle others.

So my suggestion will be

1. Be Good treat her like friends but if she do not understand the good language teach him a leason of punctuality, by simple steps.
(a) memorandum (written)
(b) calling explanation (written)
(c) deducting pay (hard step)
(d) fire (very hard step)

Second thought to this situation can be

Ok she is irregular, but she completes his project (her own part) qualitatively and quantitatively in time, then you don;t have to do anything.

Because at last we are Manager which comes from Management, and what is Management, Management is manage + men + time i.e. Manage men in time. Neither too early nor too late, On the spot.

From India, Dehra Dun
oahamid

Friends

Assuming Ms Sohini roy is giving accurate version of the behaviour and her response, I am afraid, I do not agree with most of the replies.

Firstly, No One is indispensable to a Company. This message should go out loud and clear to all
Secondly, while good salary and good working conditions and all other legal protections and faciliteis are right of all employees, indiscipline should never be tolerate. Inefficiency, mistakes, blunders and bit stupidity may be OK, but never indiscipline. I feel indiscipline is contagious. You tolerate indiscipline of one person, others follow, knowing that it can be tolerated.

Thirdly, employees are not kids, but grown ups who decides to take up a given job consciousely. It is not voluntary but a quid-pro-quo contractual arrangement.

With this in view, I feel a trainee can be terminted if he or she is not following the company discipline and not performing satisfactorily in training. Training is a status before probation, and hence, no right accrue to a trainee. You may have a training Officer, which could be the HR person itself. He can file a report about tardy conduct, failure to get training, and indiscipline, and based on terminate her with out further ado, so that others do not copy her behaviour.

Abdul Hameed

From India, Coimbatore
JOSEPH NDOMBA
My name is Joseph Ndomba, it is the first time to have my comments in this site, but realy this situation needs a good attention, anyway may suggestions is that, take a last conversation with her in a mediation way, that mean you should invite a third party who will act as a witness to the conversation, he/she mighty be his HOD or Supervisor and if possible make that conversation documented and signed by both party.Make sure in such conversation you explore every details to support the solution, you should have also organization rules and regulations in place, or grievance mechanisms to handle

ravichandiran
Dear Friend,
If any person male or female who elsa came late to the company they shood work compansatory work as us the time he came late of five times or ten times.this is up to three or four warning.Next action is dedected from the salary.
Ravichandiran

From India, Chennai
karuna.kerni

Hi Sohini,

First of all have one-to-one session(you & trainee only).In that session try to know the root cause of the problem.May be she is facing some issues in the organization that she thinks she can't discuss as a trainee OR she might be feeling that she is not getting proper rewards for her doings Or there may some personal problems.
If the problem is personal then give her some time to solve it completely & if the problem is related to the reward/other issue that she might be facing & can't discuss then try to justify/solve the issue.
Try to give her some major rsponsibilities that makes her to feel that her presence matters in the office eg: give her the work of attendance ask her that she has to take everyone's attendance,this automatically improves her puntuality but as you are telling that she doesn't bottered about any thing then don't trust her completely.Ask your staff that today onwards we will mark our attendance twice in morning to be more accurate one with that trainee & one with you or keep a second option without telling this to that trainee.Then watch her for a week or two.
and then again have one-to-one session with her.

Try,i hope it will work.

Goodday,
Karuna Kerni

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.