No Tags Found!

welcomeumesh

Hi,
Amazing question. First tell me, which is the company who allows 15 days of leave at a stretch (lol), actually leaves aren't given at such a long stretch except medical/sickeness leave or leave without pay or maternity leave.
I assume 15 days continuous leaves means earned leaves (I am assumiung that many companies allow earned leave to be taken at a stretch for the benefit of the employees) thus in your case all weekly offs, and holidays falling between 1st and 15th September 2007, will be counted as Leave. Also in September if the employee doesn't report on 17th (as 16th is sunday), that sunday will be counted as another leave

From India, Delhi
welcomeumesh

Hi,
Sorry forgot to answer second part of your question.
While formulating leave policy, we need to keep in mind three important things:-
First, it must comply with State Government/Central Government rules and regulations and must adhere to it while calculating leaves etc. For your state rules, you may refer Shop and Commercial Establishments Act of your state, to know how may min. and max. leaves can be given to an employee in your state.
Second (optional), while formulation of leave policy should be made keeping mind the benefits of the employees rather than the employer's.
Third, the leave policy should be formulated in such a manner that it doesn't hamper the business or smooth working or the objective of the Organisation.
These are only my personal views.
warm regards,
Umesh Chaudhary
(welcomeumesh@yahoo.com)

From India, Delhi
namal
Dear Umesh,
Thank you so much for the reply.
One employee was asking for 15 days leave due to ill health and he was under the period of probation. Since this person can't complete the probation period successfully, does he have to start his service from the beginning?
Regards

From Sri Lanka, Colombo
pagarhemant
Dear All,
Can anybody explain me hw many leaves will be counted in following case;
Weekly OFF-Leave-Holiday
Is it cosidered as 1 day leave or 3 day leave.
I know it differs as per company policy...
Let me know the leave count for above case in maximum industry....
Is there any central Govt.Standards for such cases.
Regards,
Hemant Pagar

From India, Pune
pagarhemant
Dear Umesh,
Let me know about the one more condition in most of the Indian Giants and MNCs ;
Weekly OFF-Leave-Paid Holiday????
How many days leave/s should be considered for this case.
1 days leave OR 3 days leaves?
Waiting for ur reply.
Best Regards,
Hemant

From India, Pune
Mahr

Dear tsramamurali,

If you take leave on Friday along with your weekly off on Saturday and sunday it would be treated as 1 day leave.

Normally Prefix and Suffix of an weekly holiday and a national holiday or a public holiday would be considered along with the allotted holiday.

example - let us consider Saturday & Sunday are your normal weekly holidays.

If you are taking leave on Friday + Saturday + Sunday = 1 day leave

If you are taking leave on Friday + Saturday + Sunday + Monday = 4 days leave because you have taken leave to the prefix and suffix to the normal holidays.

Let us consider that you have a public holiday on Thursday,

If you take leaves on Thursday + Friday + Saturday + Sunday = 1 day leave, because you are taking a suffix leave to the public holiday and prefix to the weekly holiday (Saturday & Sunday)

If you take leaves on Thursday + Friday + Saturday + Sunday + Monday = 4 days leave, because you took suffix to a public holiday and that would not be considered but you have taken prefix and suffix to the weekly holiday.

Hope this example would be of little help.. ;)

From India, Bangalore
Suresh Deshpande

Dear All,
Leave Policy differs from company to company.
In some companies if the leave is taken on Friday and saturday, Sunday and you are not present on Monday they count ony two days as leave where as in some it is counted as four days leave.
The example you have quoted is you had taken leave on Friday and Saturday and Sunday are weekly holidays, so it should ideally be considered as 1 day leave, but if you poliy says that the succeding days are also counted as leaves then it would become three days leave.
You may seen the clarification from your HR as to what your Leave Policy says.
Best regards,
Suresh

From India, New Delhi
anagha.yadwad
Dear Seniors,
I am working in CBSE school as HR Exe.
As per policy non teaching staff has holiday on 4th Saturday of each month.
However it is not in practice.
Can non teaching staff is eligible for overtime for worked 4th Saturday?

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.