No Tags Found!

idiotsociety
Hi,
I was working as software engineer one of the software firm in hyderabad. While I am working in the office my wife commited sucide and I found her hanging when I when returned home during the lunch hour ( where i take my lunch always at home). Eventually a criminal case (sec. 304b) was filed against me by my in-laws. And I never returned to office from then because of depression and many other reasons.
Now I want to go to office and exaplain them every thing to prove my innocence and I guess they have the respect towards me and they really know what I am.
Even though I dont have any interest in contiuning the job I am afraid off what ACTIONS they can take against me?
In 1.5 years of the incident where was no communictions between us ( office and me).
Please HELP IN WRITING WHAT ACTIONS they can take on me? and how I can over come them.
I will be ever thankful to your views
Thanks
SK

From India, Vijayawada
chitra.sharma

Hi! SK If they had to take any action they would have taken long back. It would better as Amal said to start fresh. Chitra
From India, Mumbai
Deepak Vishkarma

Dear Sk,
Behind your back already enquiry must have been initiated and you must have been proceeded ex parte. Yes like Chitra and Amal I am also of the view thatl you should start afresh. All the best - God bless

From India, Delhi
pon1965

If you have records exonerating yourself from the case, produce those to your old company and request for restoration. If not, follow the advises given by the members herein above.
From India, Lucknow
shimit

hello there...
u can obviously go in ur office and clear ur settlements...and yes if they offer u job just say yes...coz market is very bad and its not that easy to get a job.....
tak cre...and dnt worry ...that was ur past live in present...and make ur life..!!

From India, Banga
gaggan_sahni

First of all, since how long have u not resumed your duties is it more than 3 months, if yes, then has the company approached you..have you received any communication from your office related to your suspension or termination of duties. Have you been granted leaves..what is the case as of now....are you still on the rolls of the company. In my opinion if you have not served them for the past few months that your termination would have been done but in that case you must have received the letter from the company appraising you of the situation. What is the situation as of now are you getting your salary ? Pls contact your HR Dept. and brief them...
From United Kingdom
Ash Mathew

Hi SK<

Definitely its not the society that is an idiot - its perceived notions of an individual that makes society appear so. However - moving to your question:

Instead of assuming (like how every one of us tend to do) - why dont you arrange to meet any represntatives from the HR dept, preferably the senior most person. Its obvious that you have been through a tough time, and any person in their normal sense would "NEVER TAKE AN ACTION".

Put yourself in the place of the company and see if you'd take strict actions against an employee who went through a tough time like this? So remove any worries at all... you seem to be burdening yourself with a lot of things. Dont do that.

Reg PF: Irrespective of whether you have communicated or not communicated, you have all teh rights to either transfer your PF or close the account. That has nothing to do with the "lack - of - communication" between you and teh company.

Reg the salary - kindly arrange to meet the Senior HR rep and discuss about the PF, and also talk about possibilities of recovery of salary. Just put it across as a clarification, and I am sure you will have the answer there.

If you are still worried about what "Actions" would an employer otherwise take on an employee for not communicating / informing for such a long time - please let us know if they had sent any emails / letters / show cause notice ? Because only if they have raised an alarm and highlighted the breach of policy, would there be any reason to worry at all.

Relax. I dont see any issues here.

From India, Madras
vkpatnaik

Dear Sk,
No company will wait for an employee or resource for longer durations,unless informed by that resource. In your case you have not informed them, as stated by you. So they might have terminated you and sent the termination letter thro post or email.You can as well go and settle your dues as stated by members here and start afresh

From India, Hyderabad
emanandhr
Hi SK You just have word with them. dont hesitate to say this issue to them. if they really understand your position, sure they will help you out. Good Luck :) Anand M
From India, Madras
tcyonline

Hi,
You can go there for settlement...but if they offer to join again you can also join but better to start your careers with fresh job.
Thanks,
[IMG]http://a2.twimg.com/a/1258056589/images/frontpage-bird.png[/IMG]

From India, Chandigarh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.