I worked for a company for 6 years then resign. And after an year I have rejoin the same company. Now, my query is:- Am I eligible for gratuity for my last 6 years after rejoining the same company?
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors made possible with help from our prime sponsors like:

TALENTEDGE Who provide a platform for "interactive anywhere learning". Courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses

FACTOHR - Provides Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS that can help streamline your organisation. Explore Features

Register Here and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Withdraw the Gratuity of your 6 years Immediately. you should have done that within 30 days after resignation but anyway now also you can apply for the withdrawal with valid reason .
And create new account with company, as company might have discontinued your old account/ contribution after your resignation
Could you help me out with valid reason? What kind of reason should i mention?
Vasu ,
You should have been paid gratuity, with 30 days of your resigning.
Claim it now.
Col.Suresh Rathi
Mr. Vasu,
The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972 does not prescribe any limitation for claiming gratuity, hence an application can be filed at any time. It was the obligation of your employer to pay you the gratuity within 30 days of your resigning. It is not a bounty but your right. Claim it immediately.
S. Sensharma
Industrial Law consultant, Meerut
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™