Sr. Hr Executive

I am a teacher in a private school and I am being told that I'm not eligible for gratuity. The reason being that I joined in July 2012 and after that I was on probation for 2 years and so I haven't completed my 5 years of being a permanent employee. Is it true that I need to complete 5 years as a permanent employee to get the gratuity amount.
Dear Ruchika,
As per gratuity act it states that you need to complete 5 years of service to get eligible for gratuity but nowhere it is mentioned as service after got permanent. You can ask your HR department to provide / show the written communication where it is been stated.
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.

Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™