Posting on behalf of a friend. My friend is currently working for firm 'X', he got terminated from his previous firm 'Y' due BG check failure. The reason was while joining he mentioned a company for which he did not work although he did not provide any fake documents for it. He worked there for 2+ years. Below are the queries for which he is looking for an answer:
1) He is looking for a job change and wants to ensure he is completely truthful to his future employer. Can he actually mention to the HR of his next firm of exactly why he was removed from the firm 'Y'.
2) Will the next firm just reject his candidature based on the past termination even if all the rounds of interview are cleared.
3) Will the next firm verify with his current firm 'X' about what he mentioned at the time of joining.
4) Should he simply remove the experience of company 'Y' from his CV for which he was terminated and not mention it. Will hiding it cause any issue?
5) Can he approach his old firm 'Y' from which he was terminated and issue a letter of apology and ask him to issue a clean experience & relieving letter as current relieving letter contains the phrase "misrepresentation of facts at the time of joining".
Please answer all the queries.