Aparnaa.h
Hello everyone, After a long sabbatical now as i'am again looking for a job there r few interviews lined up for me but i' am a little nervous and out of tune from H.R so just wanted to know being an H.R personnel(H.R manager) what are the necessary points or topics of H.R that a person of a senior level should have knowledge of or is expected to have, not only theoretical but also working knowledge.
Please if u have an answer do reply i really need help...
Thanks!!

From India, Lucknow
Venkata Vamsi Krishna Patnaik

Hello Aparnaa
It is good to give few more information about you, like where your previous experience is,what was your role,what is the present company about,how many team members did you handle etc for giving appropriate inputs.
But in general any person aspiring Managerial position in HR should be able to handle the whole department issues like Attendance,leave,Payroll,Recruitment,Exits,Policy/Manual for HR wing,Employee Engagement,PMS etc.
These all activities can be not grasped from books or theories. Unless a person has some exposure in handling them, he/she cannot guide the team down line.
The employee is expected to give value addition to the department as a Manager and provide supervisory support to the colleagues while making them deliver.

From India, Hyderabad
Aparnaa.h
Thank u so much Mr.Venkata for a quick reply , I hv worked with hotels like Taj, claridges etc .my last assignment was as an assistant manager h.r heading the department 5 yrs back but after that bcz of some personal issues I started working as a freelance trainer..but nw iam looking for a full-time job..so it's been long since I gv any interview nd so I was nervous..I have also got few interviews lined up..
Wanted to know about the necessary topics or hr related technical issues I need to be aware of as an H
R manager

From India, Lucknow
Aparnaa.h
There r such experienced people on this website and I thought I would get help from here but all in vain !!
From India, Lucknow
Venkata Vamsi Krishna Patnaik

Dear Aparnaa,
I do not think you need to panic and worry about the interviews lined up and the profile you are choosing.
You yourself have stated that you have the experience in Hotels as Assist.Manager, being an AM in HR it self in a big group like Taj is an advantage, right!!!
Topics you have to be going through are (given by me in this thread) regular HR affairs like recruitment,attendance,leave management, payroll,statutory enactments,handling disciplinary matters,performance management etc.
What ever you do before the interview, ultimately performance on that day shall provide you the desired result/job.
Lief is a learning always.
And do not comment the senior contributors for delayed replies here, all are learned people and have given exceptionally good help to all queries posted.

From India, Hyderabad
Srinath Sai Ram

Dear Aparna, patience is most important, you have admitted that you are out of tune for your personal reasons.You have concluded that you are already HR MANAGER/Senior Person.Why are you so nervous? Further, you have been working as Freelancer? you are very much in the profession.You have to be specific with your query-professional, technical etc
What is the Job profile of the position.Try to update your Knowledge.Knowledge has to be acquired
"Experience is like a comb which nature gives to man when he is bald"
learning is a continuous process.Please do not think that this forun can enhance your knowledge in short time.It depends upon your Knowledge level also, keep learning

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.