Consultant In Legal Matters
Anjula Mandal
Business Development

Please let me know, I have been asked to transfer due to which i have put down my papers. But my manager said even if i resign, I will have to serve my notice period to the assigned place where I have been transferred. However I wish not to go there. I have resigned officially before my official transfer letter has been issued. Since I am not ready to move nor my manager will consider my notice period at my current location, what should i do?
Is there any rules where employees can be transferred during notice period? if i am unwilling and still the organization wants me to move what should i do? the only option is getting absconded which i don't prefer to do. so please suggest.
If conditions of service provide for transferring to any other place in country, an employee can be transferred by employer.
As regards resignation, under Section 66 of the Bombay Shops and Establishment Act, an employer has to give month's notice or pay wages in lieu thereof while terminating a permanent employee. On the same parity, an employee can also give one month's wages in lieu of notice period while resigning. Tender the said amount and request for relieving failing which approach the inspector under the said Act for getting you the relieving certificate.
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.

Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Premium Professional Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™