Assistant Manager Human Resources
[email protected]
Hr & Compliance Incharge
Statutory Compliance
Ashish Golden
Acting N Hr
Assistant Engineer, Indian Telephone Industries,
Asst. General Manager - Hr
+6 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Seniors,
Kindly suggest me what should i do in this case.
One of our employee left service in our corporate office & next day she has Joined our branch office as an new joinee their.(Corporate office & branch office name is different & even the Directors)
we have settled her account & her Provident fund is also cleared. She has availed Scheme certificate from PF office now she want to opt for continuation of her FPF service.
Can she opt for it ?
With in how many days she has to submit documents in PF office ?
Their is no break in service will this be an issue ?
Thanks in Advance

From India, Bangalore
if she withdrwal her PF account from previous establishment then she cannt continue her pf account . ashish delhi 7838606486
From India, New Delhi
Dear Mubashira,
As she has already received the scheme certificate, there is no need to worry about the continuity of EPS service. She may be registered in PF as a new employee. While applying pension (after completion of service) she may surrender the scheme certificate, so that EPFO will club both services and compute pension on the aggregate service.

From India, Bangalore
If she has withdrawn her PF, how she can get the PF scheme certificate? The scheme certificate is issued to only such employees who has completed 10 years of service. Please clarify.
From India, Mumbai
Dear Manish,
She is registered as an new employee in our Branch office & she has got her new PF number.
She has already withdrawn her PF amount.
She has got her scheme certificate also.
Dear Abbas Bhai,
With in how many days she has to submit Scheme Certificate in PF office. Is their any time limit for that ?
Their is no 2 months break in service will this be an issue while submission ?

From India, Bangalore
There is no connection with PF withdrawal and Scheme certificate. Scheme certificate is exclusively for Employees' Pension Scheme-1995. The clause of 10 years' service is not for Scheme certificate, but for pension entitlement. Scheme certificate is meant for those who not completed an age of 58 years. Length of service is not a factor in this regard.

From India, Bangalore
Wa Alaikkumussalam,
There is no time limit. She may surrender scheme certificate till the date of application of pension. But it will be better to surrender alongwith the Form 5. As she is already enrolled, now it is to be surrendered seperately with a forwarding letter (preferably at the earliest).

From India, Bangalore
  • You have confused yourself by mixing issues and some of the members have further confused you by giving incomplete and incorrect advices.
  • As stated by you, she has joined a altogether different organization. So do not say that she has joined your branch office. May be she has joined one of your group organizations. I suppose both these organizations are separately registered with PF.
  • Please make a note of the fact that, within PF Scheme there are two different components, namely 'Provident Fund' and 'Employee Pension Scheme'. Let's see what happens to these two components of PF Scheme when employee changes the job.
  • In case of PF, when employee resign es from the services of the company, he has a option of either withdrawing his PF accumulations or transferring it into his new PF account with new employer. (you have not mentioned anything in your post about her PF status. She has opted for withdrawal or transfer of her PF account. Pl note transfer means continuation)
  • In case of Employee Pension Scheme (EPS) again employee has option of withdrawing or continuing membership by opting for scheme certificate. Please note that EPS offers monthly pension, on retirement, based on length of membership and in case employee opts for withdrawal, he gets back only some %age of what is contributed in his EPS account and obviously that membership period can not be considered while calculating Pensionable Membership and Pension Amount, on retirement.
  • As stated by you your ex-employee has opted for scheme certificate, which simply means she has opted for continuation of her EPS membership. She has to simply hold and preserve her scheme certificate with her to ensure benefit of pension out of that.
  • In case her PF account is still not settled she can still opt for transfer by stalling the withdrawal process and opting for transfer.

From India, Pune
She will not get her old PF number but she will continue her membership clubing with the previous service, service certificate meant for this. Paraman. P
From India, Selam
Dear Madam,
One of your employee has left the job ite mean she has given a resigned from the First service cearly it means same PF Number cannot continue for new job, meanwhile she will be submitted Scheme Certificate to the EPFO through the new Employer. It means She will trasnfer the PF amount to the New PF Account which has been given bythe New Employer.

From India

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™