I am here to clear my doubt regarding the procedure for withdrawal of provident fund.
My wife was working with an private organisation, where she worked for
3 consecutive years. She left the job before 3 months. She asked for the provident fund from HR personnel of the organisation. HR personnel told her to bring one crossed cheque as a new procedure mentioned by Provident Fund Office.
Please tell me whether PF Office in India has opted the new procedure of crossed cheque from the Employee seeking PF or there is any mess.
Please guide in this important matter.
Thanking You.
Arvind Kamble
28th May 2010 From India, Mumbai

Dear Arvind,
There is no such procedure for submitting cross cheque.
Only you need to fill up the PF withdrawal form and subit the same to your HR Dept.
Pls mentioned you are asking from which state.
28th May 2010 From India, Delhi
Re: Procedure for withdrawal of Provident Fund
Dear Araving,
if you relieving job from concerns after two months you have apply for the pf settlementclaim. You have submitted the PF Claim form 10C & 19. These forms and along with cross cheque submitted to Hr department. Why they are asking about your cross cheque because the PF office identifing the your Bank. Your claim amount send to your account.
29th May 2010 From India, Madras
you r right shivakumar, there is no risk associated in providing the cross cheque. Regards Sundar
29th May 2010 From India, Bangalore
Dear Mr. Arvind,
Furnishing of crossed cheque is no where stated in any law.
As far as my knowledge is concerned, Only application accompany withdrawal forms needs to be submitted to the HR Department for withdrawal of PF.
Moreover, there is no risk of forwarding a crossed cheque with the PF withdrawl application form. if the same is being asked by the concerned persin of the HR Department then you can forward for speedy the requisite documents for speedy processing of your application.
Hope you would find the above in order.
Thanks & Regards,
29th May 2010 From India, Delhi
Ratti Wahal
Company Secretary
Dear ,
There is no any law to submit the cross cheque alongwith the PF withdrawal forms. But, now the PF authorities are demanding the Bank proof alongwith the PF withdrawal form just to ensure the correct Bank account number and the Branch address etc. which bank you mention in your withdrawal form. You can submit the photocopy of your bank pass book or bank statement or photocopy of the cheque. Just ensure that whatever document you are submitting along with the form , your Bank name, bank address, bank account number and your name should be very clear. So, you can submit any of the document which I have mentioned.
30th May 2010 From India, Delhi
Fill up Form 19 and 10C which is enough. You can submit xerox copy of your bank pass book to cross very your account number. That too is not mandatory. If at all they insist for a cross cheque instead of that you can submit a canceled cheque as proof of your account number.
If they still insist you can verify with EPFO authorities and then proceed further.
30th May 2010 From India, Madras
There is no such procedure to submit crossed cheque along with Form.19 & 10C. You may have to submit the photo copy of the pass book as proof of your account no. that too is not mandatory. It sufficient that you submit the Account no. with correct address of the bank. These documents can be submitted after the waiting period of two months.
With regards.
30th May 2010 From India, Coimbatore
Dear All,
you are all right, there is no such provision in law for providing crossed cheque with form 10c and 19.
PF office just take it as a proof; they just want to verify the MICR code
there is no harm as such still you can give a xerox copy of crossed cheque if you feel so
warm regards,
Swapnil Wani
31st May 2010 From India, Mumbai
Hi All
Can any one tell me if the PF is withdrawn before completition of 5 years of service then weather Income tax or any deductions will be made.
More over from the discussion is it crossed cheque or cancelled cheque that needs to be given for verification of acount.
31st May 2010 From India, Mumbai


Discuss problems openly with your peers around the world without getting into company specifics. Access to years of such problem discussion data and business material is at your finger tips. All resources created by our members are available to everyone at no cost.

Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network