I have applied for EL on the grounds of Child care leave as I am having sufficient leave in my EL account for 116 days. As I my daughter is 5 year old and there is nobody in my home to take care of her. And I have applied well in advance, before, 1 month and I am working as UDC in the Central Govt. organization and the authorities are not sanctioning the same. What is the procedure so that the same can get sanctioned.
From India, Nagpur
Dear malusai
I welcome you to CiteHR.com.
Govt. organization/PSUs have well laid out leave policies for Child Care, and are fairly sensitive to the needs of working mother and grant these leaves liberally.
  • "Child Care Leave" is a special leave, which is is granted subsequent to Maternity Leave, in continuation or without continuation; however, in most cases, it is admissible ONLY till the child attains the age of two years.
Please verify with your Leave Rules, whether it is so.
In that case, since your child is already 5 year old; Child Care Leave may not be admissible in your case,
and hence the sanction of leave may not have taken place so far.
However, you are free to apply for your EL and avail it after prior sanction.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server