I am explaining certain expects of admin. department below and believe this will help you:
Average consumption of Genset should be known.Log book of fuel consumption is to be maintained by Admin. Personnel which has to be checked/ verified by the Administrator on daily basis. Fuel status, servicing status has to be noticed.
Day to day cleaning / dusting of entire office premises, checking of cleanliness of toilets, floors, tables, computers etc. will be done.Dress code of housekeeping staff will be taken care of.Allocation of work to housekeeping staff will be done by administrator.Training of housekeeping staff will be done by administrator.
Cleanliness of Pantry, distribution of water at each and every workstation, arrangement for lunch of staff, visitors and guests will be arranged as per the instructions of administrator.Training of pantry boy is to be taken care of by the administrator.
It is to be ensured by the administrator everyday that all the electrical equipments, Air conditioners etc are switched off at the time of leaving the office (If there is no any staff in the office). Prevention of misuse is taken care of. All the MCB(s), switches, electrical circuits should be known to administrator. Preferred electrician has been mentioned in the vendor list.
5. Levitator (Lift System):
· To switch on/off the levitator one MCB is installed in basement (lift cabin) in the front left corner.
· A UPS is also placed upon the electricity panel which has to be switched on.
· All the doors should be closed (ground floor to third floor) then only lift will be operated.
· Shutter of Lift’s Cabin should be closed.
· In case the lift is switched on and you are not able to open the wooden door to get inside the lift cabin then switch off the MCB and UPS and restart the system.
· In case the lift has been switched off and being switched on again then let the wooden door opened, switch on the MCB and UPS, go inside the lift, close the shutter and use it.
· In case the lift is stopped / malfunctioning then press black small button in C4 marked circuit box inside the panel box, the lift will reach to the ground floor.
· To switch on/off lift cabin’s light there is button with “Bulb” symbol inside the lift cabin.
· If you want to stop the lift while running then press “Stop” Button and then press required button (1, 2 or 3 to reach respective floor).
6. Controlling of inward and outward material:
Each and every material which is coming inside the office premises should be entered in Inward register. (To be implemented).
Each and every material going outside (returnable and non-returnable) the office premises should be entered in outward register (To be implemented).
7. Stationary distribution:
A register has to be maintained by the Administrator for the distribution of stationary to each and every official. A minimum order level also has to be set for each and every item available in stock. Stock status has to be checked on daily basis. Its better if the administrator may keep the same on computer.
8. Payment of various bills:
Bills of Electricity, Mobiles, Landlines, Internet etc. has to be paid in time. Billing cycles, tentative due date of payments, entitlement etc. (Detailed list has been enclosed) also has to be checked.
Every bill is to be verified by administrator then it has to be signed by COO/CEO then it is to be forwarded to accounts department for issuance of cheques.
A record of all cheques is to be maintained / filed.
Each and every bill has to be filed in a proper file.
9. Procurement of various items / material:
If any vendor is being changed then proper approval of MD should be there.
While purchasing some item it is very important to arrange for 3 / 4 quotations then a comparison statement is to be prepared and after final approval of M.D. procurement will be done.
List of vehicle should be updated whenever any change occurs. Insurance, fitness, Pollution etc. should be done on/in time. It is very important to check which vehicle is where and in what condition? Are all the papers related to vehicle up to date? If there is any accident occurred then insurance claim should be taken care of and proper follow up with the insurance consultant should be done.The administrator has to search for cheap and best options of repairing/servicing of vehicles.
11. Documentation / Record keeping:
All the bills, quotations, AMC(s), Purchase Orders, Contract(s), payments etc. should be filed properly.
12. Liasioning with govt. bodies.
Liasioning with govt. bodies related to MCD, BSES, CPWD, Police, Fire etc. local administration has to be taken care of by the administrator.
13. Boarding and Lodging arrangements of Company Staff and Guests:
The administrator has to arrange for boarding and lodging of officials who are coming from other offices for meetings/training to the head office.If some important client is coming then same arrangements has to he done.The administrator has to search for cheap and best guest houses, hotels etc. and make a list of same.
14. Maintenance of office equipments:
The administrator has to check all the fixture and fittings, furniture, chairs etc. regularly for their cleanliness and maintenance.
Apart from this administrator should be ready to accept challenges which may occur time to time.
I hope this will help you.
Admin. comes under the purview of HR. In some companies admin. is altogether a different department but is a part of either Finance or HR department only. I have worked in 3-4 companies and everywhere Admin is an active part of HR as all the execution of different jobs comes through Admin Only.
I am attaching some formats related to Admin.
A transport slip may contain the following contents:
Out Km Reading… In Km Reading….
DESTINATION: From To
Type of Vehicle: VEHICLE No.
USER SIGN HOD SIGN ADMIN SIGN APPROVED BY