PreetamDeshpande

Dear Member
It is the call of the organization to pay you gratuity after you complete 4 years 8 months and 16 days as there is no amendment in the act and as far as my knowledge goes there is no judgement in your support from the Supreme Court in this matter.
You can take shelter of the Madras high court decision but you will have to fight it out in the court of law to get your gratuity if the company sticks to the thresh hold of 5 years.
Regards
Preetam Deshpande

From India, Mumbai
smdave

[QUOTE=smdave;1993349]i have worked in a gujarat state govt company as a contract employee continuous for 3 years and 3 months without any single break in service. I joined on 09/06/2009 and relieved on 08/11/2012. As I know generally 5 years service is to be completed for claiming graduity? whether i am eligible for gratuity? if yes, how much? My coontract is not renewed only because of commencing code of conduct after election company may call me again? if i join again whether services done by me in past will be calculated for claiming graduity?
From India, Surat
CA Rahul
I am working in a company for more than 5 years. I have completed 3 years in main co. And 2 years in group company. Till date gratuity is not given to me.
Can i am eligible for gratuity.
Pls clarify with recent judgements.

From India, Chennai
narasusspinning

Even though it is been relied on the madras high court judgement, the bare act concerned the payment of gratuity does not speak about no of days worked in a year as criteria for eligibiliy. It shows only completion of 5 years of service. So, i think all the interpretations based on judments will be taken into account only after you are not paid by your company. Hence i am of the opinion that the 5 years service means, 5 full years, with out any consideration of no of days.
From India, Mangalore
guptaricha1981
Dear Anoop,
As per law minimum eligibility criteria in complete 5 years of service, therafter 5 years 6 Month and feq days will make you eliglible for 6th year Gratuity.
Yes but for eligibility for the 1st time it should be complete 5 years of Service, Refer Gratuity Act for more details.

vathiraja271481

Dear Aroop,
If you are retrenched from your company on the said date, you are eligible for gratuity, as per section 25F of ID Act, 1947. If you are resigning from the organisation, you may have to complete five years of service to become eligible for the payment of gratuity, i.e., 15.04.2013, you will be eligible for gratuity.
As regards to calculation of gratuity, Gratuity = Monthly wage (Basic +DA) / 26 x 15 days x No. of completed years of service.
Hope this will clarify your doubts.
P. Vathiraj

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.