No Tags Found!

sona-rali
Hi
I am working in an MNC company and currently i am serving my notice period. so i am in a situation where my last working day is 6thOct and my joining in new organization is 29th Sept(Tomorrow). and the new organization Hr is asking me to join on 29th Sept as there wont be extension in Joining date and she mentioned simultaneously work on the exit formalities from previous company. after joining new organization in this case what should i do?

From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi Sona

Never do this mistake. If your relieving date is scheduled for 6th Oct,2023 better complete it and get relieved with proper relieving cum experience letter. If you join the new employer on 29th Sep,2023 without proper relieving then it will amount to dual employment and you will face consequences.

If the new employer is insisting for joining on 29th Sep,2023 (tomorrow) then ask for proper relieving with current employer today 28th Sep2023 if possible. At times they might consider. If need be you may pay proportionate gross salary to them in lieu of balance notice period. But without proper relieving it is not advisable to join new employer. You will face PF overlapping issue as well.

From India, Madras
sona-rali
Hello Lakshmi,

I wanted to thank you for your prompt reply.
have been in touch with my current organization's HR regarding the notice period buyout process, and they have informed me that it will take approximately one week to complete the entire procedure, with the expected completion date being October 6th, 2023.

Same thing I have communicated to new organization hr and she mentioned there wont be any issue after joining new company. what shall I do now.

From India, Mumbai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Ok got it. Please take confirmation from current employer that they will relieve you by the closing hours of today 28.9.23. There is no issue if they issue the relieving letter by first week of Oct,23 but please ensure that relieving date should 28.9.23. Where ever possible take confirmation from current employer in writing else they might surprise you with different version after you join with new employer.

From India, Madras
shubham-tiwari3683996
Hi Lakshmi
Same situation I encountered with
And I am in problem now.
My last working day on 1st organisation was 21st August 2023.
And my joining date on 2nd organisation was 17th Aug 2023. I explained it all to the 2 nd employer but they told me that it is little issue you can join us. And I joined that organisation. I worked there 6 months, finally I decided to join new organisation. Now I have many offer in hand , but unable to join due to my past record (dual employment)
Please suggest me , is there any way that it can be corrected or will it be my ending career 😔

From India, Kanpur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.