No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi All, I got a offer letter from a company that wants me to join in 1 month time and my current employer has a notice period of 2 months. After discussing with my current employer they not allowing me buyout of the notice period. I have communicated this thing to the new company HR to kindly extend the joining date but they are not responding to anything now and my background verification is still being conducted by the new employer. What should I do?
From India, Delhi
Anonymous
Please provide your valuable suggestions guys
From India, Delhi
saswatabanerjee

What suggestion do you expect?
You deliberate accepted a job to join in a month when you know your existing employer needs you to serve 2 month. When you caused a problem, intending to breach a contract, what suggestion do you expect? Your current employer is very much within his right to refuse.

From India, Mumbai
KK!HR

You need to be very clear that buy out option can be exercised only if the employer agrees otherwise there is no legal option other than to serve the notice period. You have to either persuade your current employer for that or follow up with the new employer for postponing the date of joining. To jump the notice period and join the new employer without being relieved is a risky proposition and has lot of consequences, so is not recommended for consideration.
From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
Hi saswatabanerjee new enployer can extend the joining date if they really want to hire rather not just to show hiring in papers. These days employers playing very smartly. Having own Company 2 months notice period and want candidates to join within 30 days. Pathetic culture
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.